Default s/o on funny socks - your favorite socks?

My mom's asked for crew socks for xmas, it's very rare to ever get any gift suggestions for her. I have socks I hate, and socks that are fine and I really couldn't tell you which ones came from where. Do you have any that you just love? Any experience with some of the newer companies like Bombas, etc.?
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

My current favorites are Bombas. They are expensive, though. I wore Costco socks for years (whatever brand was on sale--Adidas, Puma, etc.). Then DH upgraded me to SmartWool socks, which I liked but they weren't as soft as I'd like. Still, they didn't stretch out like the cheap socks and they kept my feet warm and dry. Then he bought me Bombas socks and those are the ones I always reach for now. DD1 likes to steal them, too. If your mom has never had "luxury" socks, perhaps this will be a nice treat for her?

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I too love the smartwool and bombas! They hold up well after years of washing.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I live in Smartwool and Darn Tough socks. They are a little scratchy and I like that. I haven’t had a pair yet that wore out anywhere.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

My Mom and I both love Bombas. I've gone through so many socks that didn't fit, or that kept sliding down in my shoes if they were low cut. I'm willing to pay more for comfortable, good fitting socks that stay put. (For me anyway -- my kids and husband would lose them or destroy them! I can't walk through the house without picking up at least 2 pair of someone's socks...)
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It depends on what I'm doing, but always SEAMLESS or flat-seam socks because toe-seams are the worst.

Current favorite brands include C9 by Champion (basic, everyday socks; I like the ankle style & they come in "extended" women's sizes, so I appreciate not feeling squished into a sock that "should" fit but leaves a bit to be desired), SmartWool (have had some of my SW for-ever!), and Thorlo (though not the hiking socks I wore for a few years - too bulky)

I haven't tried Bombas, but I would like to.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Bombas, Stance, and Smartwool for me. I don’t actually wear socks that often. I live in sandals all summer and flats in the spring/fall. Uggs a lot in the winter. I wear them to workout and with boots/booties.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)