twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Goldbelly favorites?

Does anyone have favorites from Goldbelly? Looking to take advantage of the 20% off and send a consumable gift to friends (family of 4) in another state. Budget around $100. I have never used Goldbelly before...

I think it entirely depends on your tastes. I prefer savory treats myself, but there are a ton of desserts on the website (cookies, cakes, pastries) that would likely satisfy many people who love sweet treats. We did indulge in a Caroline's Cakes 7 layer chocolate and caramel cake for DD1's birthday back in May when everything was locked down and we were staying in our rural second home (so no local bakery available). Although when I went back to Goldbelly, I see that it's not available there now. The Caroline's Cakes website has more options than Goldbelly, and they seem to be the same price (although the current 20% off deal with Goldbelly makes a difference!).

We have been gifted lobster rolls (can't remember the name of the vendor on Goldbelly), Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza, and a pastrami sandwich kit (can't remember that vendor's name either)--all from Goldbelly. They were all packed well and were delicious (although I wasn't super impressed with the pizza). Note that FedEx was late with the lobster rolls (like 2 days late?) and the freezer packs had melted so they very generously sent us a second shipment. That is excellent customer service, as they could have refused and said shipping delays were out of their control.

We've ordered lox and bagels from Russ & Daughters in NYC twice (love them, but they are excluded from the 20% off deal, as are a few other NYC vendors like Momofuku), chocolates from Thomas Keller (these were for gifts so I haven't tasted them), and Alaskan King Crab (this is coming in 2 weeks so I haven't tasted them either).

Hope this helps!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We ordered Pizzaria Pianco and enjoyed it. They have some interesting flavors (one has pistachios on it). We got the option with the four bestsellers.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use it for IMO’s Pizza and toasted ravioli. DH used to live in Midwest and loves IMO’s but we do not have it here. IMO’s used to ship direct and last time I ordered it was through Goldbelly. We can not get toasted ravioli here either so it is a big deal to be able to get it.

I’ve sent Killer Brownies and Juniors Cheesecake. Both were well liked, especially the brownies.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Mommy to DS 2007