Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default slim fit suit for a teen boy

Until now we have been managing on hand-me-downs from a friend whose kid does debate, but ds has outgrown that kid so we need to buy a slim fit suit that doesn't cost much as he might grow some more- he's around 5' 10". He will be using it for competitions and maybe future interviews, based on potential career path. I have no idea how to buy a suit, and dh is no help as he avoids them at all costs and hasn't bought one in years lol

Do you have any suggestions for a skinny kid? What's appropriate for someone who will be going to college soon?

something like this? I think the waist on the pants might not be slim enough.
    https://www.macys.com/shop/product/c...788&isDlp=true
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have bought from Men’s Warehouse before. They have slim sizes and good sales. I bought online but ended up exchanging in store for a different size. I think jacket was $50 and pants $25.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have bought from Men’s Warehouse before. They have slim sizes and good sales. I bought online but ended up exchanging in store for a different size. I think jacket was $50 and pants $25.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

"Girl mom" - but have seen similar threads on FB that Kohl's, especially with a coupon, is another good place to look for these. Good luck!

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We just bought a suit yesterday for tall, slim son from Express for under $150 and it fits him like it has been tailored for him. I never would have thought to look at Express for menswear, but was impressed with the sale, selection and quality.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Kohls. I believe it is their Apt. 9 line. We've bought a few there. Much better price than most other stores. Often we have done seperates and they have totally coordinated- no one would know.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Believe it or not express has great slim fit suits.
    https://www.express.com/mens-clothin...les/cat2430045
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

#BidenHarris2020 “It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids character matters. It matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.”

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I purchased a suit for DS from JC Pennys online. I was able to purchase the pants and jacket separately, although they are the same suit. The sale prices were great! I ordered two pairs of pants to be sure of the correct size and returned the extra in store.
    K

Another vote for J Crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast