Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kohl’s, you can get separates.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for Kohl's separates. I've gotten them for DS (15) and DH in various cuts and always reasonable prices. Right now, you can get 20% off plus $10 off $50.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think while your teen is likely still growing, don't overspend. You just really want something that photographs well, fits fine and isn't like falling apart. "Good enough" is just fine. I think all the suits/separates we have bought have been like $70-100 total (possibly less if my mom went and used her Kohl's card/rewards/whatever scheme they have going on). Ds1 always looked well put together.

H&M has a great slim fit suit in navy and black. Good price, buy as separates. They look good. We even got a pair of the dress shoes they sell there--DS wears a suit maybe 4x a year. It has all worked well.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DS does a lot of debate/MUN activities that require a suit. He's got a couple of pricey ones from Nordstrom, but honestly I think he actually prefers his ones from Express. (He definitely wears them more, and they were the ones he chose to travel with when they were doing travel competitions.) They are a little slimmer than the ones from Nordstrom, and a bit stretchier. He likes his suits really fitted, so I think the Express ones are more comfortable for him. He also prefers his shirts from Express over the ones from Nordstrom for the same reason. Plus, they are much cheaper, so I would try Express. The local store didn't have the ones as slim and tall as he needed/wanted, but they were able to order to his size. While I can tell the difference between the quality of the Nordstrom suits and Express suits, I don't think it is noticeable enough for anyone to care. Certainly not for the time of an interview/debate/etc. And he sure as heck doesn't care. To do again, I would just stick with Express.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    H&M has a great slim fit suit in navy and black. Good price, buy as separates. They look good. We even got a pair of the dress shoes they sell there--DS wears a suit maybe 4x a year. It has all worked well.
    H&M fits DS well and it’s priced well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

JC Penney for DS. We've bought two suits and a tux (prom) and DS really likes them. He's really tall and skinny, so we had minor alterations for a perfect fit. The suits get worn often for school (MUN).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2