Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

dd2 must shower daily. Doesnt matter if she does anything outside or not. She REEKS if she does not shower daily.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My 12 yr old 4-5x a week my 17 yr old at least once a day sometimes twice
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Both my boys, ages 13 and 17, shower daily. It's always been part of our daily routine since they were very young. I can't get them to skip a day if I try.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Both my kids are resistant to showering. We do twice a week but I think more would be better. DS is 7 and it’s a full on fit to get him in the shower. DD is about to turn 12 and I think for her she’d rather spend her time in other ways. She doesn’t smell but I think she should probably be washing her face at least daily. I also feel like showering more frequently would be a good habit to get into. Anyway, you aren’t alone OP.
    This sounds like us. My 9 yr old hates showering and usually only does shower 2x a week. It's fine for now, he doesn't smell or anything. I imagine we are getting close to needing every day though.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My kids showered daily from about age 6. They both play sports, daily PE, and honestly it was just a part of getting ready for bed or in the am. They are now teens and love those long showers . Is there a reason they don't like to shower? At that age their feet/armpits/privates are going to get sweaty etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

My 12 year old should shower more than he does when he's just home. But he's good at showering every 2-3 days when school is on. My 14 year old is about every 2 days too. My 16 yo is daily during school and has been since he was 11. Every morning. The others shower at night...no way they'd get up early enough for the morning time.
    Kris

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We do showers every 3-4 days here during the winter, at least every other day during the summer (bug spray, sunscreen, beach, etc), DS are 9 and 11. DS1 is just starting to get stinky, so we are trying to adjust a bit, but they don't love showering either. I think it is how cold they are after they get out.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

11 and 13 yr old DDs shower daily. DD1 sometimes skips the shampoo and does dry shampoo. But both bodies get cleaned daily.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    My kids showered daily from about age 6. They both play sports, daily PE, and honestly it was just a part of getting ready for bed or in the am. They are now teens and love those long showers . Is there a reason they don't like to shower? At that age their feet/armpits/privates are going to get sweaty etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Other things he'd rather be doing.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm going to be the outlier here. DD has long curly hair, and until hormones took an ugly turn washing it weekly was enough. She uses deodorant and truly didn't stink - so she showered weekly. DH *hated* that. I filed it under battles that weren't worth it to me as it wasn't causing physical harm (and we didn't have to be around unpleasant smells.)

Fast forward to 16 and above-mentioned hormones. It's now every other day because school is every other day. If something happening on the 'off' day she'll shower then too. No hassle from us - she realized her hair is greasy otherwise.

So...the switch usually turns on when something makes it matter to them. How you handle til then is up to you - lots of valid choices though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast