Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What's happening with extra curricular activities in your area right now?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I really think the worst surge will be around Christmas and New Years. But then I think it will calm down. More people traveled this Thanksgiving than they have all year, per the airlines. I think even more will travel and congregate for Christmas. I think they won’t be able to resist.
    I’d say 2-4 weeks after New’s Years - it will take that long for anyone infected at New Year’s to test positive and be hospitalized

Nothing is open here. I’m surprised at how much mixing that’s happening in other states. We have family in another state who think they got Covid at an indoor sports party. 2 weeks later and a family member is still struggling with it. The gathering was allowed under their local guidelines. Kinda glad everything is shut down here as don’t have to be in that position of do you go or not go. You want to see people and be social and that’s needed for mental health, but then there’s the risk of getting Covid and long term risks of that. Too much anxiety for me. We’ve had to find other outlets for our regular activities as no choice

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 12-01-2020 at 12:41 AM.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS has club soccer three times a week and while their team ‘pod’ trains and scrimmages each other, we don’t have actual games. It’s mostly to keep up fitness and skills. I’m not sure if high school soccer will happen, though they were initially targeting spring for HS soccer this year. He continues piano lessons, but via FaceTime with his teacher. All school clubs have been virtual. DD didn’t have a cross country season in HS and just ‘retired’ from club soccer. Her speech and debate sessions have all moved to zoom. I’m still not sure I’m completely comfortable with soccer, but it has been so amazing for DS’s mental health, it might be worth it (plus, it’s outdoors, at least). Being isolated in activities and from friends has really been rough for DD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3