KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Subscription boxes - thoughts on time, etc

My parents are going to do a subscription gift for each kid. Here's what I think we're doing.

DS1 - Universal Yum. I can pick 6 or 12 snack items a month. It's $15 for 6 and $25 for 12.

DD - Ipsy. We'll do trial sized for $12/month.

DS2 - Kiwi Eureka Crate. It's $35/month or $60 for 3 months and $118 for 6 months with today's sale prices.

Thoughts on how many of the snacks for DS1? He isn't a candy kid, but likes other snacks and is pretty adventurous in at least trying new things.

I'm struggling trying to balance the number of months and the costs. My parents will spend $150 per kid and it'll be this and money to make up the difference. So 3 months for each is $45 (or $75), $36, $60. But 3 months sounds a little short. Doubling it goes to $90, $72, and $118, which is a pretty big difference. And what if they hate it!

I'm really having a tough time figuring out which to get and would appreciate any input.
    Kris

I would go with the 6 snacks for DS1 to put the cost between the other two, and 3 month subscriptions. I think the wow and excitement will be high at first then fade over time. If they really miss having them, subscribe again for a birthday or for Christmas next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Rakuten is 22.5% on Kiwi, so that makes them much more even for 3 months. That helps a ton!
    Kris

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would do 3 months per kid. That seems like enough and if they love it you can extend for another occasion. I got my niece the Universal Yums Yum Yum box (middle size, around 12 snacks a month) for her birthday in September for 3 months. She liked it. Turns out my mother liked it more so I got her 6 months for Christmas. The middle size (Yum Yum box) is good for sharing. The smaller size (Yum box) is fine for a single person. If you think there is a chance he would share with others I would go with the mid size box even though it costs more - you get more variety and he would get plenty of salty/savory snacks too - as there always are some sweets/candy which it sounds like he wouldn't like.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Rakuten is 22.5% on Kiwi, so that makes them much more even for 3 months. That helps a ton!
    Dang, that is a good deal. Do you know if you can specify the first ship date? I already got my youngest niece stuff for Christmas but her birthday is in late January.

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    Dang, that is a good deal. Do you know if you can specify the first ship date? I already got my youngest niece stuff for Christmas but her birthday is in late January.

You can pick the month, but not the date. You can pick any month for the next few years.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    I would do 3 months per kid. That seems like enough and if they love it you can extend for another occasion. I got my niece the Universal Yums Yum Yum box (middle size, around 12 snacks a month) for her birthday in September for 3 months. She liked it. Turns out my mother liked it more so I got her 6 months for Christmas. The middle size (Yum Yum box) is good for sharing. The smaller size (Yum box) is fine for a single person. If you think there is a chance he would share with others I would go with the mid size box even though it costs more - you get more variety and he would get plenty of salty/savory snacks too - as there always are some sweets/candy which it sounds like he wouldn't like.
    Hmm. Tough one! Only 6 seems like it might end up with not a lot he'd like, but 12 seems like a lot. Lol. DS2 might enjoy it as well, but DD would not for sure, unless it was chocolate. I'm going to think about this one!
    Kris

I can’t remember how old your DD is, but you might look at iBbeautiful boxes. We like them so much better than Ipsy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Thank you so much. I signed my 5 kids up.