Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    How did you connect? Was he an animal lover, veteran, something like that? Could you donate to a charity he would support in his name?

For sure, I would write on your calendar to contact the widow every month for all of next year. Lots of time, there is support at first and then it falls off.
    I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad that you can still support his widow and I think she would appreciate time with you talking about him once you are over Covid (also sorry you are dealing with that!). I was going to suggest a charitable donation in his memory if he had a cause that was dear to him. When my step-dad's mother passed away they had a few charities listed that they were asking for donations to instead of flowers. My kids are animal lovers, so we chose the SPCA to donate to and the family got a card stating we had donated in her name.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

In the assisted living and skilled nursing buildings at my CCRC, residents and staff often become quite close. Since you’re not able to see her right now, something like the sympathy food tower or other snack type stuff (especially non-perishable) will let her know you’re thinking of her. But the particular gift you can give when you’re able to be back to work will be to talk to her and both of you share special memories. I’ve seen how meaningful that has been to friends here.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am so sorry. I'm sure you were a great comfort and joy to him during the isolation of the pandemic, and now will be for his widow.

I don't have any good suggestions. I remember my mom deeply appreciated the money people quietly sent her to help cover funeral costs, but she was much younger, and still had two kids in the house. That tower that you picked out looks like a very thoughtful gift.

I’ve sent a zingermans bereavement box to people in the past. It’s full of food that is quick to eat out of the box and non-perishable

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Corie, I don't have any suggestions, but I am so sorry.

My sister also works in an assisted-living facility; she has lost some of her "babies" (she's in pediatrics) and, no matter how ill the kids she works with are, she is still saddened when they die.

Sending hugs.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Corie, I’m so sorry. As for something to bring her, maybe she would like something like a flower/gardening magazine? My great aunt loved her bird magazine subscription. Otherwise, I got these for my elderly aunt in a nursing home. She’d keep it closed and loved to have her guests to open it and see their surprised looks: https://www.lovepopcards.com/product...le-pop-up-card.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-02-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m so sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so sorry. My condolences for your loss.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm sorry, that's just horrible.

jillmk is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast