My x husband barely sees the kids, and hasn't paid child support for 22 months, he keeps losing jobs etc. He had DS for 3 hours about a week and a half ago, then found out he had COVID, and DS tested positive on Friday, DD tested negative and I had a negative COVID test from the day before Thanksgiving at work (I'm a SLP at nursing home, we get tested 2 x week). So we sent DS to his dad's apartment, and DD are quarantined at home for 2 weeks, I do not get any sick pay/PTO etc/unemployment was unsuccessful. My hours had already been dropped about 50% for the last 4 months due to COVID, it's not good. I know it's not really XH fault, he was wearing a mask all the time, but thinks a customer who he had to measure for windows in a small trailer exposed him (no masks and questionable hygiene). DD and I went yesterday and got our PCR results and we are both negative again. I'm begging my work to reconsider their policy, the CDC now says the 14 day quarantine was based on the fact that tests weren't readily available. I can get a PCR test again on Thursday (my work asked me to) and because of my workplace they fast track it (the Monday results were back in 15 hrs.).

My mortgage company is granting me a forbearance but I have told the kids it's gonna be chill Christmas. We are spending time putting up extra outside lights and friends are dropping off food and wine. It will be fine, but the sad thing is, if I get COVID at some point I'll be off work again, this quarantine stinks as it may not be the only time I have to be off work.

On the plus side, I am cleaning out closets and listing lots of stuff on Marketplace, anybody need boys size 14 clothing????