Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What other "first responders" you are thankful for....

I just wanted to put out there...

We love our medical, fire, and police offices, but I think some others get forgotten!

I'm thankful for the power company people who were able to get our power back on in less than three hours last night! Even in the freezing rain and cold, in the middle of the night. Talk about essential!

The housekeepers at our hospital--talk about stressed out!! But they are still pleasant, taking pride in their work, being kind, etc. I actually stopped by the Facility Director's office on the way out of work tonight to tell him how much I enjoy the folks who empty our trash cans and what a great job they do. He said he feels blessed to have this crew.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The grocery store workers and delivery people. I hope they are in the groups who receive the vaccine first.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My physical therapist. She’s not a first responder but she has to spend an hour with her clients which opens her up to some COVID19 risk. She’s teaching me house to walk safely (after ankle surgery) and I’m so thankful not to be in pain anymore!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

My mailman, who is so reliable that I know he’s off if he’s not there within a 10 minute window.

The folks pulling books at our library so that everything people want is ready for either in person or curbside pickup.

The IT folks...everywhere...who are literally making sure so many people can stay connected

The folks doing curbside deliveries in all types of weather

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Our ABA, Speech and Occupational Therapists who pivoted to tele-health and have found all sorts of engaging digital tools and home-based activities to help DS continue to work on his skills. When schools closed last Spring, those familiar faces and continuity in services was the one thread for a kiddo who questioned what and why every day about how his entire routine had changed pretty much overnight.
    DS 2014

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The lab workers running all the tests..

And the scientists working on the vaccines.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14