Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm so sorry!

I do get the thought process of not testing, because it might just really not matter to know or not. But I'd go with assuming I'm positive and stay away from everyone, not continue to go to work, etc. Ugh.
    Kris

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Oh no! I hope your grandma doesn't get it!!!

I’m so sorry! This sounds so frustrating!! I really hope that your grandma did not catch it from them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Honestly the factory where she works needs to know she has been exposed, they are the one of the worst places for spread.

Hope your grandma will be ok. I've seen two of my 90 year old patients who got covid and didn't have any problems, one was 97 and had a mild cough, she keeps saying, are you sure I had it. The one with breathing problems needs to be seen asap, that can go south very quickly, why are people so stubborn?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

sending positive thoughts to your family how horrible
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! Has the health dept not done contact tracing on the aunt/uncle? If so I'd think your other aunt, uncle, and grandma would be identified as close contacts...possibly. I say possibly because the rule of thumb is exposure within 2 days prior to onset of symptoms. So, if they visited 4 days before symptoms...and they are being honest about that...then your other family members are not close contacts. I truly hope your aunt and uncle do not get worse and that the rest of your family is spared.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I"m so sorry, Latia. We will say prayers for your family members. My aunt and uncle are in their mid 80's and they are all i have left of my dad's family. Their son already had COVID19 and so plans to go forward with the annual Christmas Eve party. It's reckless because even if they've had it, others may come who are asymptomatic or haven't had it and catch it from someone else! And my elderly aunt and uncle plan to come because they don't want to miss this party. I think it's one of the high lights of their year. They have been saying for years, "when the good Lord is ready, he's gonna take me." My mom was the same way and her elderly sisters. Why do we get so dang stubborn and unreasonable as we get old???
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

So a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, my dad went out of town on an overnight trip for a tax conference with a coworker and his wife. (I tried talking him out of going but he was sure it would be safe. My mom normally goes with him and decided not to go.) They went out to dinner together Thursday night and sat together at the conference Friday morning. Friday afternoon, coworkers aren't feeling well so they all decide to leave the tax conference. (Coworker and wife in their 70s.) Saturday coworker and wife get tested for covid. (My dad did not know this at the time.) Sunday my dad and mom visit my 95 yo grandmother for her birthday (!!!) (Yes, that was super dumb on my dad's part, I think they did wear masks and tried to stay outside but my grandmother made them go in..) Monday they found out coworker and wife had covid.

My dad thankfully just came out of quarantine on Thanksgiving and never got sick (and had a negative covid test) so luckily my grandmother and everyone else stayed okay too. Hopefully your grandmother stays negative. I don't think I would have her tested at this point either. I did some research on my grandmother's risk and it sounds like since they were more than 48 hours from being symptomatic before seeing her, she should probably most likely be okay. (The greatest risk is the 48 hour period before symptoms start, so like when my dad was eating in a restaurant with his coworkers who ended up sick the next freaking day.) Our positivity rate in our area is so high (in the 30s) I would worry that testing her would possibly expose her to more covid.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Oh no! Has the health dept not done contact tracing on the aunt/uncle? If so I'd think your other aunt, uncle, and grandma would be identified as close contacts...possibly. I say possibly because the rule of thumb is exposure within 2 days prior to onset of symptoms. So, if they visited 4 days before symptoms...and they are being honest about that...then your other family members are not close contacts. I truly hope your aunt and uncle do not get worse and that the rest of your family is spared.
    I don't know about other states, but in my state the surge is too big to allow for contact tracing. The health dept is weeks behind on contacting people.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yikes. I'm so sorry. This is a nightmare. Keep us updated. She (and your whole family!) are in my prayers!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast