Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO Ideas for a box of gifts

We live away from my family. Covid has been really hard on my mom. I would like to send her a box of love for Christmas. I’m thinking we can wrap small boxes with a note and a small token gift. She can then pull from the box on days she’s really struggling. So far I have small stuffed animals, candy, box of brownies (we can bake together via zoom). Anyone have any ideas to add?
    Last edited by jgenie; 12-02-2020 at 12:32 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

A book you read and really liked
    Same with a movie (I bought my mom a few of my favorite romantic comedies a few years back, like The Proposal)

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Small framed photos?

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cozy socks
    yarn? does she knit?
    crossword book or soduku
    microwave popcorn/kettle corn
    a recipe for her to try
    K

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I sent someone pre-packaged fancy dry soup mixes. Split pea, many-bean, and something else. I got them from our local health food co-op, so they were unusual and fun. She was able to make a batch, then eat on it for a couple of days or freeze the extra for another time. She doesn't tend to cook a whole lot anymore, and it helped. And - - - - - it's soup season!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Drawings, notes,vor crafts from your kids
    Nice luxurious lip balm and hand cream

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Duplicate post
    Last edited by PunkyBoo; 12-02-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hot Chocolate Bombs and if she doesn’t keep milk on hand then almond or oat milk to make them with.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I will just add that when I spend a Christmas away from my family when I was a missionary in Southern France, my mom beautifully wrapped everything in my "box". While I'm not normally into stuff like that, it made me feel so loved to get this box that was so exquisitely presented. I always keep this in the back of my mind if I want to share especial care for someone I love!

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We do lots of homemade gifts with loved ones far away. What we love to send (and receive) is the item plus pictures of the loved ones making it.

Messy kids in messy aprons concentrating hard, spilling, decorating, sneaking a taste, spilling... all of it - I try to stand back and just take pics as they work so they aren't staged. Or out of the kitchen with just pics of them coloring, crafting, sewing, whatever the project is.

Things we like to make in the kitchen: homemade hot chocolate mix with homemade chocolate dipped spoons (plastic disposable spoons dipped in candy quick and the kids sprinkle); fudge; BBQ spice rub; Hard candy; homemade vanilla; candles; soap; jelly...
    Things we like to make somewhere else in the house: flannel rice bags (Like a hot or cold bag for warmth/aches); tiny rice bags for reusable pocket hand warmers. Pics of the kids measuring/cutting/sewing/filling... ; homemade magnets: sculpey formed by the kids and attached to a magnet, glass beads with a magazine picture decoupaged to the back then attached with a magnet, etc. Christmas ornaments; Felted wool creations of DDs= trivets like the ones currently at trader Joe's, cute little animals for little cousins; fleece blankets, etc

None of this has to be hard, I promise. My favorite gifts are usually a page torn out of a coloring book with a picture neices/nephews coloring (and usually stickering) said page. I intentionally pick things in DDs skill set so I can take pictures while she works and she doesn't get frustrated.

Love the idea of each thing individually wrapped. Anything perishable, maybe number so she opens those first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast