Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default quest for a perfect pajama

I have been looking high and low for the perfect pajama--I need them to be 100% cotton and not pill, full length pant with no elastic in waistband, My arms are fat and I cant handle long sleeves they are so binding, so sleeves must be short. I either find the short sleeve arm , but then the pants are capri..or the pants are long then the arms are full sleeve...I am okay with mix and match..they dont need to be pretty even, but very comfortable.. I dont like nightgowns..they are open at the bottom and air goes in and I feel cold...I like the wrap of the cozy pants on my legs..Any recomendations?
    Last edited by diamond; 12-02-2020 at 04:01 AM.

I, too, have been on the quest for the perfect pajamas. This is one area where I think you get what you pay for. The best I have found to date are the Nordstrom brand “moonlight” pajamas. But I like long sleeves and long (full-length) pants. I think they also make short-sleeved version.
    Last edited by ChicagoNDMom; 12-02-2020 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Adding info

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Wait. So what would keep the pants up if no elastic? Do you want a draw sting? Buttons? Sorry- I am drawing a blank!

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

These are my favorite. They aren’t super warm because I get hot easily but are so comfy. Both the top and bottoms are loose fitting.

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-per...t_adv_xasd0002

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Wait. So what would keep the pants up if no elastic? Do you want a draw sting? Buttons? Sorry- I am drawing a blank!
    Drawstring off course..😀

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This may not fit your drawstring requirement, but they fit your fabric and style requirements: I just discovered the brand Lake Pajamas. The majority of their pajamas are made from 100% pima cotton. The fabric is VERY smooth and VERY soft, almost silky. You can mix/match but they have sets that combine short sleeve tops with long bottoms, or long sleeve tops with shorts, and all the combos in between. I ordered a couple of things from their Black Friday sale just to try it out and I'm impressed with the pajamas. They even have french seams (so no raw/serged seams on the inside - the raw edges are completely encased in 100% pima cotton!). My ONLY beef is that the fabric is so soft, smooth, and silky that these pajamas do NOT provide modesty if you have a lumpy body like I do...saggy boobs, giant nipples, pouchy tummies...the fabric will drape lovingly over all those things. However, if you're planning on wearing only to bed, or with a robe over it if you need to look somewhat presentable, then these are INSANELY comfy pajamas. Size up if you want to throw in the dryer! I seriously doubt these will pill, as that isn't the nature of pima cotton.

They might be so comfy that you're ok with the elastic waist? Or, you could take to a seamstress to remove the elastic and thread a drawstring...or alternatively, buy the nightgown and use it as a top and pair it with a different brand bottom that has a drawstring.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    This may not fit your drawstring requirement, but they fit your fabric and style requirements: I just discovered the brand Lake Pajamas. The majority of their pajamas are made from 100% pima cotton. The fabric is VERY smooth and VERY soft, almost silky. You can mix/match but they have sets that combine short sleeve tops with long bottoms, or long sleeve tops with shorts, and all the combos in between. I ordered a couple of things from their Black Friday sale just to try it out and I'm impressed with the pajamas. They even have french seams (so no raw/serged seams on the inside - the raw edges are completely encased in 100% pima cotton!). My ONLY beef is that the fabric is so soft, smooth, and silky that these pajamas do NOT provide modesty if you have a lumpy body like I do...saggy boobs, giant nipples, pouchy tummies...the fabric will drape lovingly over all those things. However, if you're planning on wearing only to bed, or with a robe over it if you need to look somewhat presentable, then these are INSANELY comfy pajamas. Size up if you want to throw in the dryer! I seriously doubt these will pill, as that isn't the nature of pima cotton.

They might be so comfy that you're ok with the elastic waist? Or, you could take to a seamstress to remove the elastic and thread a drawstring...or alternatively, buy the nightgown and use it as a top and pair it with a different brand bottom that has a drawstring.
    Looks very promising..I don't mind an elastic waist as long as it's not too tight and digging into and leaving marks on my body... And that really expensive for my budget though. Do they go on sale ? What's a decent sale price for them

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    Looks very promising..I don't mind an elastic waist as long as it's not too tight and digging into and leaving marks on my body... And that really expensive for my budget though. Do they go on sale ? What's a decent sale price for them
    They are so expensive I'm new to the brand so I only saw them go on sale for Black Friday so far, and it was about a 20%-ish discount on select items. I've also seen some of their stuff pop up on Poshmark...it may be worth looking there first, and that way you can ask sellers to measure the waistband for you.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default quest for a perfect pajama

My Dd1 has the ones from Target linked above. I have a similar pair from Old Navy, and one from The Gap. I love them. The Gap ones are 11 years old as I bought them when I was pregnant with Dd2; they are ratty at the hems, but they are the most comfortable pants ever. The ones from J Crew look nice but I can’t spend $50+ on pjs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast