boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default home baked christmas cookies

We usually bake a variety of Christmas cookies and give them to friends and neighbors around Christmas. I am assuming most people will pass on home baked items this year. The cookie boxes are always well received, and is a one size fits all kind of thing.

Any suggestions for what to give in their place? A bottle of wine?

Wine sounds great!!

I usually bake something to send for the staff at our daycare. I just ordered a bag of popcornopolis mini cones (that I think I learned about here) from Amazon. I will take the whole bag, so it will be individually packaged portions inside a sealed package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had a bake sale at our school on election day. Everything was individually wrapped by the bakers to minimize contact. There were probably people uncomfortable with homemade baked goods but it was a big success. We live in an area that takes Covid very seriously too, as a frame of reference. There really isn't a risk from food so I would still consider doing the cookies.
    My favorite non-homemade gift to give at Christmas is the Trader Joe's candies, notably the $2 gift boxed 4-count salted caramels. They come with a cute gift tag and are just enough of a "hey, we're thinking of you" kind of thing without being expensive. I usually load up my cart for teachers, school administrators, the postal carrier... They have a lot of other cute candies at a good price too.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've already started my baking and honestly didn't even think that my usual recipients may not be receptive this year! I'll post on my FB wall and ask if anyone doesn't want theirs...I'll donate theirs to the town cookie swap for the seniors!