Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My physical therapist yesterday told me that for all us poor souls who have flat feet, there is an exercise to build up and strengthen our arches called “toe yoga”. This is how to do it:

Practice engaging the big toe without rolling the foot inward or outward.
    See if you can lift ONLY the big toe and keep the other four toes down.
    Then really press the big toe solidly into the floor while lifting the other four toes.
    What happens to your arch when you do this? That's right, you DO have an arch! And you thought you had “flat feet”...
    I once heard Jay Dicharry, Director of the SPEED Performance Clinic at the University of Virginia, call this exercise "toe yoga". Practice this frequently and you will improve quickly.

And if you need a little help supporting the arches, shoe samurais are wonderful for arch support in regular shoes and boots (I probably wouldn’t use them in running shoes though). https://smile.amazon.com/Samurai-Ins...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-02-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    You can add your signature to Preview on a Mac and save it for all those times you need to sign a PDF. No more printing, signing and scanning Back. Open a PDF in preview....Tools, Annotate, Signature. Add signature and follow the prompts. Can add with your iPhone or hold up your signature to your computer camera if you have one.
    Adobe has also added signatures to its free version of Reader; I use it all the time!

Or the scan feature on the iPhone in notes. That's awesome and it really does look like an actual scan/PDF
    I love that for things that the Scannable app won't read, like my Nana's recipe for apple cake and the family tree my aunt Fran drew for us one Christmas.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Using Google Chrome has been a lifesaver because of all the add-ons you can grab from the Google Chrome Store - I use Kami for Girl Scouts all the time now, because I'm trying to be a bit greener regarding permission forms and so forth, and anything I can get as a PDF can then be edited using Kami.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

The screenshot feature on PC and Mac

On PC open either Snipping Tool or Snip&Sketch (depends which one is installed, I have both) Click New. Crosshairs show up and you grab a clip of your screen. I use this all the time. Anytime it says print for your records or I need to document something I use it.

On the Mac it’s Command+Shift+4. Crosshairs appear. Grab what you want from the screen.

I teach this to my college students and they love it. I use it so many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Or the scan feature on the iPhone in notes. That's awesome and it really does look like an actual scan/PDF
    Was going to use this as my tip - just used it for a form. Really really helpful - plus it retains a copy.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Many probably already know this.... but if you haven't tried cooking bacon in your oven, you definitely should. No more watching and the bacon cooks evenly and flat. I use a jelly roll pan... line with parchment paper... lay out strips of bacon... and cook for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Some recipes recommend cooking the bacon on top of a baking rack, but i just put it on parchment paper and then 'drain' the bacon on paper towels before serving. Simple cleanup --- grab the parchment paper and discard (or save the bacon drippings first and then discard) and rinse the pan.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Was going to use this as my tip - just used it for a form. Really really helpful - plus it retains a copy.
    Alas, only newer iPhones can do this. I saw this tip last spring and it would have been handy when we were doing all of our house buying and selling. But, I have an iPhone 6.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Many probably already know this.... but if you haven't tried cooking bacon in your oven, you definitely should. No more watching and the bacon cooks evenly and flat. I use a jelly roll pan... line with parchment paper... lay out strips of bacon... and cook for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Some recipes recommend cooking the bacon on top of a baking rack, but i just put it on parchment paper and then 'drain' the bacon on paper towels before serving. Simple cleanup --- grab the parchment paper and discard (or save the bacon drippings first and then discard) and rinse the pan.
    I do this but with my broiler pan. I line the bottom pan with foil (if I remember) and then cook the bacon on the grated tray. Drippings drip right down, foil makes clean up a breeze.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    I do this too! But I do it on foil for easy cleanup, and I pinch up little folds on each bacon strip so that it comes out looking "ruffled" as if it were pan-fried...it also allows me to fit a whole package of bacon in one cookie pan. I do 375 for 20 min (some batches require an extra 5 min or so depending on how thick), and then remove and immediately transfer to rack lined with paper towels to cool. Once they stop dripping, I move the bacon to a serving platter, and them move the paper towel back to the still-warm cookie sheet to sop up the rest of the still-liquid grease, which I save to use a fire starters (fire pit or fireplace). Foil then goes in trash.

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    The screenshot feature on PC and Mac

On PC open either Snipping Tool or Snip&Sketch (depends which one is installed, I have both) Click New. Crosshairs show up and you grab a clip of your screen. I use this all the time. Anytime it says print for your records or I need to document something I use it.

On the Mac it’s Command+Shift+4. Crosshairs appear. Grab what you want from the screen.

I teach this to my college students and they love it. I use it so many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    On PC you can Press the windows button + shift + S to screen shot a portion of the screen.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast