Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Use your stand mixer to mix meatloaf ingredients if you don’t like touching raw meat or if you have Reynauds and touching cold meat is painful. Or use the stand mixer to shreds cooked chicken breasts quickly and quite evenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Many probably already know this.... but if you haven't tried cooking bacon in your oven, you definitely should. No more watching and the bacon cooks evenly and flat. I use a jelly roll pan... line with parchment paper... lay out strips of bacon... and cook for about 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Some recipes recommend cooking the bacon on top of a baking rack, but i just put it on parchment paper and then 'drain' the bacon on paper towels before serving. Simple cleanup --- grab the parchment paper and discard (or save the bacon drippings first and then discard) and rinse the pan.
    Yup; I line my tray with foil & use a cooling rack to keep the smoke down.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

The gas gauge icon on your car/dash has a little arrow that points to the side that your gas tank is on. It's nice when driving hubby's car or a rental or something so you don't have to check. (Here's a pic) https://www.allstate.com/blog/is-you...-or-the-right/ I only learned this a couple years ago from a similar random post.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    The gas gauge icon on your car/dash has a little arrow that points to the side that your gas tank is on. It's nice when driving hubby's car or a rental or something so you don't have to check. (Here's a pic) https://www.allstate.com/blog/is-you...-or-the-right/ I only learned this a couple years ago from a similar random post.
    Oh wow, that's crazy!!!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Oh wow, that's crazy!!!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Glad at least someone else didn't know this either!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    I had no idea!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I had no idea!
    I use that little arrow ALL THE TIME! DH’s car and my car have it on opposite sides, and I can never remember which one has it on which side.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    ... Or use the stand mixer to shreds cooked chicken breasts quickly and quite evenly.
    Cool trick - what attachment do you use (i.e. - paddle, dough hook, etc., not the extras)? (I am terrible about shredding chicken breasts because I am super-dominant with my right hand and it's uncomfortable for me.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Cool trick - what attachment do you use (i.e. - paddle, dough hook, etc., not the extras)? (I am terrible about shredding chicken breasts because I am super-dominant with my right hand and it's uncomfortable for me.)
    I use the paddle. Total game changer for me. Frozen chicken breast, salsa, instapot, kitchen aid mixer and voila! Shredded chicken for tacos. So easy.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I use the paddle. Total game changer for me. Frozen chicken breast, salsa, instapot, kitchen aid mixer and voila! Shredded chicken for tacos. So easy.
    Yep, same. Just keep an eye on it because it is really efficient and you might want bigger chunks thank it might make!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast