Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Would she like something like a MasterClass subscription to keep her occupied while stuck at home?

Maybe some nice note cards, nice pens and cute stamps. All this staying home seems like a good time to catch up on your correspondence.

I've been wanting to purchase this set of personalized note pads - you can order 8 notepads with 8 different names for gifting (or you could add messages like Thank You or Mom's Grocery List, or whatever) https://www.paperstyle.com/is-bin/Fr...et-p-23-8TW037 and it looks like the turnaround time is pretty quick too. My Grandma really liked Hoda Kotb's book last year, it has a happy daily thought - here's the new one this year https://www.amazon.com/This-Just-Spe...7102914&sr=8-1 These things seem somewhat sentimental to me, with the added benefit that the stationery can be used up.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not a big gift, but we made my parents an advent calendar with fun family memories in each day this year that they have been loving. We read an article that said reminiscing during this time is helpful for mental health. So each child and I wrote down various memories of great time with them (trips, funny experiences, holiday traditions, etc.). Each person's cards have their own flair - my oldest daughter's are very sentimental with artwork on the cards, my son's are mostly very funny stories and inside family jokes and my youngest watercolored the paper and I wrote down her words. And I did some from my childhood with my parents, along with more recent things we have done with the family. I know its December already, but you could do 12 days of Christmas or even just a "memories jar" or "smile jar". We did that for my mom several years back for mother's day - kids wrote down memories with her or things they loved doing with her on craft paper and we put them all in a mason jar with a decorative label.

The other sentimental gifts they have really loved are photo books (we have done trips or just fun pics with the family over the years) and their digital picture frame. During the pandemic, we have also been sending them various games that they could play on their own or over FaceTime with the kids. We have done Yatzhee, Battleship and a couple trivia type games (like the Guess in 10 game), which they have also enjoyed. One of my kids will facetime them on his own and ask to play, which they love.

Thank you for all of these great suggestions. Some we have done in the past (reaffirming what spot-on suggestions they are) and some I am filing away for future. I ended up purchasing her a floral delivery subscription from a local florist who also donates a significant portion of their profits to local charities. She will have fresh flower deliveries to brighten her home until the warm weather is back again. I think that she will love it and I never would have thought of that on my own. Thank you! (and please don't stop with the great ideas. I'm keeping a list now).
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2