Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just had another thought. Sometimes when you by sheets or other things they come in these lovely cloth bags. Never had anything to do with the cloth bags but for the future, this might be a good idea.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Now I'm wishing I had kept all the Christmas jammies dd has had though the years to make these with. Would be a nice touch.

I love the towel and pillowcase ideas for simplicity. Or have the kiddos decorate fabric. While dd prefers to decorate on white, I'm thinking gifts would show through those so patterns or darker solid if decorating with white fabric paint and stencils could be cute

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just bought yards of a Christmas themed and other colorful fabrics and used them instead of wrapping paper last year. I used ribbons, and twine and occasionally safety pins if the packages were awkward. Worked out great and it stores easily for reuse.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I made my first 2 bags today!

I bought kitchen towels on clearance of 70% or 90% off last January and am turning them into bags. I am making a channel and bought red cording to use for a drawstring. I'm not great at sewing and had to take some stitches out already - don't buy towels with words or you risk them being upside down!

I also bought a couple packs of napkins for smaller bags and 2 rectangular table clothes for bigger bags - but those I will need to cut so more work for sure.

Buying after made it all pretty cheap. The towels worked to $1-2 each. A lot cheaper and a lot easier than buying fabric for me.
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2