Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Prioritizing Medical Care Right Now

I feel like I goofed. Should have gotten tooth cleanings and physicals this Fall when things weren't quite THIS bad with regards to COVID. It was on my list to schedule and I didn't do it. We're...behind on things. DS1 needs an endo appointment. DS2 needs to have a skin tag looked at. DD needs a physical for school. The two oldest need to see if they need new prescriptions for glasses and all four need teeth cleanings (BADLY I might add--I don't think DS3 is brushing very well!)

Would you go forward and make these appointments? FWIW, things are looking very bad in my area right now. We're on the brink of a renewed Stay at Home order that has some implications I'm not excited about. (I'm cool with closing everything indoors but they're talking about closing down the parks again. I'm hoping they let us have our trails and beaches this time!)

TIA!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh... We did almost everything in Sept./Oct. It was not the way to do it, rescheduling a whole year of appointments into two months....

I would prioritize and get those scheduled first (the physical for school and the dentist for DS3). Also, call your providers and get the appointments on the calendar, rescheduled appointments often take priority over new appointments. You can always reschedule if you aren't comfortable with the time comes. Most of our doctors are scheduling at least two months out so you want to get on the schedules.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would call and schedule for March, which is what I am planning on doing. I would not go right now.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, I would go. In fact we are going in a few weeks with my kids. Dh and I went this spring and were very impressed with all the safety protocols the dentist office is taking. My kids haven’t had a cleaning in 18 months though. I’m sure at least one of them needs a cavity filled. I don’t want to let that go untreated.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't go out and party. Be smart with social distancing and masks. But take care of your general health.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Don't go out and party. Be smart with social distancing and masks. But take care of your general health.

This, we are putting on our masks and carrying on with normal errands and appointments.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    This, we are putting on our masks and carrying on with normal errands and appointments.
    I still do a weekly or bi-weekly grocery run but don't take the kids with me. Mask and hand sanitize as soon as I get back to my car. Make my trips as fast as I can and try to go when it is not as crowded. If things continue to get worse here, I may go back to curbside pick up or delivery, but I really prefer to pick out my own produce in person.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Yes!! If you don't do routine health checks you could end up in a worse situation-- needing emergency care at a time when ERs and hospitals are maxed and full of covid + people. The benefit outweighs the risk here.

We haven't put anything on hold. That is partly because of my insurance-- in order for services to be covered next year, we need to have used them this year. If we let stuff lapse this year we will have to pay for it out of pocket next year.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have kept up with dentist, I have eye doc in 2 weeks, I have a genetic eye condition so I won't let this go. I had a mammogram and physical.

The implications of delayed dental can be life long and whole health impacting, we NEVER delay dental.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

I’m having the same debate! DD is getting braces this month - seems crazy to start this process when the pandemic is peaking, but her ortho is being super cautious and taking many precautions.

I’m wondering if I should schedule a mammogram for myself or wait until March...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast