Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH's good friend age 39-- sick for 3 weeks. 2 weeks of fever over 101 degrees, double pneumonia, double ear infection, oxygen levels dropping down to almost needing to call 911, extreme fatigue, loss of smell and taste, nausea, loss of appetite, 10lb weight loss. Wife and 2 toddler kids also got it but only had mild symptoms.
    My best friend-- age 39. 10 days of headache, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, cough, chest pain.
    My uncle-- age 71, history of severe asthma. On day 13 of extreme fatigue, cough, chest pain, night sweats, lots of trouble breathing, too weak to leave the bed or shower.
    Uncle's wife-- age 80 I think, cancer survivor. Also on day 13 of extreme fatigue and weakness. Also in bed. Not sure of other symptoms.
    My aunt-- age 53. Day 4 of symptoms. Fever, neck pain, chills, body aches, skin extremely sensitive to touch, extreme fatigue and weakness.
    My handicapped uncle-- age 55 with a heart condition (has had 2 open heart surgeries). Day 7 or 8 of cough. Had trouble swallowing 1 day. Not sure of other symptoms.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Sending you good thoughts. Hope you have a comfortable space to hunker down and quarantine, and the symptoms stay mild.

I've known the whole gamut from asymptomatic (a coworker and cousin, both male in their 20s) to moderate (people in their 30s) to awful, long-hauler (mom friend in late 40s, been sick since March and still has debilitating symptoms) to ICU and recovery (friend's dad in 70s) to death (my aunt, late 80s). Age and health factors played a huge role in all of them with the exception of my friend the long-hauler who was a healthy fit mom in her late 40s - she got it very early, in NYC, and she really didn't get any care at all.

for Sandy Hook

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My SIL's entire extended family had it and only her father ended up in the hospital. So, out of a group of 20+ people, 1 went to the hospital due to related heart issues.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Almost everyone I know in our extended family who is under the age of 60 had mild or asymptomatic cases (including DD who tested positive in random testing at college, spent 10 days in isolation dorm, and never had any significant symptoms beyond mild fatigue). We do know some distant extended family who are older (75+) who both were hospitalized. The husband did spend a week or so on a vent, but then recovered was recently released. The wife is still in the hospital, but is mostly doing better.
    Last edited by jenmcadams; 12-07-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Will anyone share their Covid experience?

I only know of one person I have had contact with who has had it, the project manager on my bathroom job. We found out he had it more than two weeks after he was in our home, and according to his employer he was not symptomatic until 10-12 days after he came to our house. He was masked the entire time he was here as well, and we were notified the following Tuesday after his symptoms started (so 18 days after he was in our home). That was in October. He has returned to work now, but our project was reassigned to someone else. I don’t know him well enough to ask him about his symptoms, and haven’t seen him in person since and probably won’t bring it up. None of us had any symptoms at all in the weeks since he has been here. We we were super careful the week following when we found out about his diagnosis.

I have three FB acquaintances who have posted about it (I haven’t seen any of them this year). Two friends from high school and a mom group friend. One friend from HS had all of the classic symptoms (couldn’t breath, fever, aches, pains, and tiredness, but she was never tested despite admitting herself to the hospital to potentially obtain a test; this was in early March and she still never got tested ), the second friend from high school posted that both she and her infant son had tested positive and recovered, but neither required hospitalization; she did not state what her precise symptoms were, she just said it was hard to recover from. The mom group friend was hospitalized for a few days, but I don’t know if she was on a ventilator or not; she was wasn’t very open about it. The high school friends were 42, and 41, both in good health, and both SAHMs, and the mom group friend was 50 and in great health. She is a supervising VIP agent for a major airline and works at a very busy California airport.

Eta: we think Dh had it in late January, but this was soo early on that a test wasn’t offered as his telemedicine doctor just asked him if he had been out of the country in the last X number of days (and he had not) but he had the worst case of the flu I had seen from him in the 23 years I have known him. He had a 100+ fever for three days straight, what he thought was an awful head cold/chest congestion, and aches and pains that even Tamiflu didn’t initially clear; it took him 10 days post Tamiflu to feel completely better; it usually takes no more than 5. He slept a ton as well. He was sick for the better part of two weeks. If he did have it neither myself or DDs had any kind of symptom or the flu this year. All four of us got flu shots as well. He had filed to participate the NIH study but wasn’t accepted so we will never know; although my sister said if he gives blood they do an antibody test, but there haven’t been any blood drives here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-07-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Two male friends in their late 30s. One with a sinus infection but then lost sense of smell (but kept taste...weird!). No other symptoms. Resolved within the 10days of isolation. The other friend had fever, chills, horrible cough. Lasted about 2 weeks. Said he felt worse than flu. Doc said the cough and fatigue would continue to linger.

Family of 4: Husband had GI symptoms and fatigue. Wife had sever fatigue and was in bed for a week. Tween son had fatigue. 10yr old daughter had zero symptoms.

So, it really is so all over the board with how people's bodies reaction and probably whatever circulating strain they catch.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I got a positive test the week before Thanksgiving. I don't know where I picked it up. My 8 year old also tested positive and was asymptomatic. I got a test because I had some mild body aches and fatigue. I ended up having the aches, some fatigue, headaches for about 4 days. I also lost my sense of smell and taste. Overall, I had a very mild case and am getting by sense of taste and small back now.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

One of my closest coworkers’ husband tested positive and was incredibly mild. (In addition he is obese with a couple other risk factors). He felt so well he spent his quarantine building a shed in the yard. My friend (wife) and their three teens never had symptoms and just stayed home. Other friends had one child test positive with mild symptoms, no one else got it ( family with 5 kids). We have had multiple other families in our circle who have had it and none have been serious with the exception of a couple elderly relatives who have had to have brief hospitalizations but seem to have recovered fine. Oh another friend and they said it was like a mild flu for adults kids tested positive with minimal to no symptoms. We know a few other families who we know tested positive and are clearly fine (well and done with their quarantine) but I am not close enough to them to straight up ask them how their experience was.
    It is very very likely that you will have a mild case so try to rest and drink lots of water. Vitamin D!!!

ETA: just remembered another friend’s elderly MIL tested positive months ago and just felt like a sinus infection, recovered totally fine!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My sister and 2 of her (college aged) kids have had it over the summer. My sister lost taste and smell for only 2 days or so and just felt more tired than usual. My niece thought she just had a minor cold and went about her days. All three of them were fine after a week or so and are now (maddeningly to me) going about their lives like it's nothing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks all! This helps me not worry so much. Reading news stories about how bad some people get it makes me so nervous!

Now if I only I could get a test! I waited on hold for 40 minutes with my dr office and then had to hang up to go help my kids. And the county tests are really far away from me and I don’t have the energy to drive that far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast