Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    What are your symptoms?
    Really fatigued and achy muscles. Headache. Little sore throat and stuffy nose starting today. Low fever comes and goes, but I never get a fever, so any fever for me is unusual. Not much of an appetite.

We’ve been so careful and have basically been living like hermits this whole time but I had to go to a couple dr appts this week and they were very busy and then this started a couple days later.

Do not know where you live but does your state have stop the spread type sites set up? Do not need appts. Do not need to speak to pcp. Also many urgent cares here will do the test, with just a few screening questions over the phone. I have been tested 3 times, and never went through my pcp. My youngest when she needed a test due to exposure, her pcp sent us to a peds Urgent care, no order necessary. All of the screen was done on line and we were assigned a time to show up for the test. Hope this helps.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Really fatigued and achy muscles. Headache. Little sore throat and stuffy nose starting today. Low fever comes and goes, but I never get a fever, so any fever for me is unusual. Not much of an appetite.

We’ve been so careful and have basically been living like hermits this whole time but I had to go to a couple dr appts this week and they were very busy and then this started a couple days later.
    Yeah, with those symptoms I would get tested. It seems like that’s hard to get done though. We’ve had 6 tests done in our family and never through a Dr, but every hospital and urgent care that I know of has state-funded testing here.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would get tested. But also wanted to say it's entirely possible you have some other random virus. It's happened to us twice now (once with me, once with DD2). We are EXTREMELY careful, though we do go out to doctors, dentists. I do all of our grocery shopping - Kroger and Costco. We don't go anywhere else except to pick up takeout (either drive-thru or a quick walk in/out). The first time I got sick was 5 days after my dentist appointment...prime time for covid symptoms to appear. I didn't get sick enough to get tested, but have been tested for antibodies since then - no antibodies so it likely wasn't covid. Then DD got sick 5 days after Halloween, after a very careful and masked socially distant trick or treating with tons of hand sanitizer. I was convinced she had it...GI symptoms, fever...we took her to get tested and she was negative (PCR).

There are a ton of viruses that stick around quite well on surfaces and can stand up pretty well to hand sanitizer. SARS-CoV-2 is pretty transmissible, but primarily person-person via air (and fortunately not all that great on surfaces). The times we have gotten sick must have been from other viruses that we picked up off of surfaces, and there is plenty of stuff on surfaces in public places. Something that touched my mouth at my dentist appointment (cabinet handle to my mouth by the hygienist's gloved hand?). Something on a candy wrapper at Halloween? (yes, I sprayed all candy wrappers, but alcohol can only do so much when it comes to a wrapper with lots of crevices. Vigorous hand washing would be needed for these viruses.

Anyway...here's hoping you can get tested quickly/easily and that it's either not covid or you just have a mild case!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 12-07-2020 at 09:35 PM.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    Thanks all! This helps me not worry so much. Reading news stories about how bad some people get it makes me so nervous!

Now if I only I could get a test! I waited on hold for 40 minutes with my dr office and then had to hang up to go help my kids. And the county tests are really far away from me and I don’t have the energy to drive that far.
    I'm so sorry testing is so scarce, I was able to drive the 15 min across town and there was no wait at the drive thru testing, you sign up ahead or at the site (my work won't let me back but I have to keep testing 2x a week like we do at work). I'm grateful that our county has had wonderful access to testing this whole time.

I'd see if you can find a pharmacy or prompt care to get tested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I would get tested. But also wanted to say it's entirely possible you have some other random virus. It's happened to us twice now (once with me, once with DD2). We are EXTREMELY careful, though we do go out to doctors, dentists. I do all of our grocery shopping - Kroger and Costco. We don't go anywhere else except to pick up takeout (either drive-thru or a quick walk in/out). The first time I got sick was 5 days after my dentist appointment...prime time for covid symptoms to appear. I didn't get sick enough to get tested, but have been tested for antibodies since then - no antibodies so it likely wasn't covid. Then DD got sick 5 days after Halloween, after a very careful and masked socially distant trick or treating with tons of hand sanitizer. I was convinced she had it...GI symptoms, fever...we took her to get tested and she was negative (PCR).

There are a ton of viruses that stick around quite well on surfaces and can stand up pretty well to hand sanitizer. SARS-CoV-2 is pretty transmissible, but primarily person-person via air (and fortunately not all that great on surfaces). The times we have gotten sick must have been from other viruses that we picked up off of surfaces, and there is plenty of stuff on surfaces in public places. Something that touched my mouth at my dentist appointment (cabinet handle to my mouth by the hygienist's gloved hand?). Something on a candy wrapper at Halloween? (yes, I sprayed all candy wrappers, but alcohol can only do so much when it comes to a wrapper with lots of crevices. Vigorous hand washing would be needed for these viruses.

Anyway...here's hoping you can get tested quickly/easily and that it's either not covid or you just have a mild case!
    We’ve had something go through our house that I swore could have been covid (though no fever) because it knocked DH out for a few days. Sinus congestion, slight cough, aches, severe headache, and fatigue. His PCr came back negative. Right before that both kids had some congestion and complained of a headache for about a day. Not a big deal for them and I thought it was allergies until DH got sick. My sister was convinced she had covid a few weeks ago and hers came back negative also with symptoms like yours OP. Definitely get tested but don’t panic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3