Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Christmas Lunch?

So, normally at this time of year, I'd take the people under me at work out for lunch. Obviously, that's not happening this year. So, I'm trying to decide where I can send a (smallish $15?) gift card to people so they can have lunch "on me". I've got 2 vegetarians, and I know that there are some people who don't do Chick-Fil-A for other reasons (note this is not in the political forum for a reason, so lets keep all of that out of this). So, where would y'all recommend? Maybe Panera? A friend suggested Neomonde (for those in the Triangle area who know what that is) for the vegetarians, but I'm really hoping for somewhere that would fit the good-old-boys as well.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

AAA used to have visa cards with no fee. If you're a member, you could check into that - then you could give them $15 on a visa card with the 'have lunch on me' instruction but they can choose their place?
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Local BBQ place? This was our fave when we lived in that area https://www.dannysbarbque.com/html/cary.html
    A local sandwich shop chain would be good.
    I like the no fee generic gift card option too.
    It'd be great to support some local business this year though.

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think Panera is a great option. Chipotle is another good one -- you can get a good meal for $15 and their vegetarian options are great (until the amazing Carne Asada they have now, I always ate vegetarian there just because it was my favorite!)
    Lizi

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I think Panera is a great option. Chipotle is another good one -- you can get a good meal for $15 and their vegetarian options are great (until the amazing Carne Asada they have now, I always ate vegetarian there just because it was my favorite!)

These are both great suggestions. Cava, if you have one, is another great option that serves lots of different tastes.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    AAA used to have visa cards with no fee. If you're a member, you could check into that - then you could give them $15 on a visa card with the 'have lunch on me' instruction but they can choose their place?
    Yes to that. Panera or Corner Bakery are popular here, but otherwise it is a damned if you do damned if you don’t. I wouldn’t do something as specific as bbq or chain Mexican, but that is just me. People get mad when you give Starbucks, but I love Starbucks. You know what your people like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    These are both great suggestions. Cava, if you have one, is another great option that serves lots of different tastes.
    I always forget about Cava, which is pretty new around here. (And looks like there are 4 locations in the Triangle area.) The few times I’ve been there, it has been good, Mediterranean style. Probably not the first choice for diehard BBQ fans but others might enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How about a local place, our local restaurants have been so great lately with accommodating special requests and they need your business right now more than ever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Panera was my first thought as well. In September I wanted to buy lunch for our high school teachers to say thanks for the hard work they put in to make virtual learning possible for my kids. It was easier to give them each Panera gift cards and they seemed to appreciate them.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

We’ve done a couple of work lunches, and our manager has sent us $20 GrubHub e-cards. Those are nice because you can choose your own spot, including local places. I guess the bad part is that a lot of the value gets eaten up in fees and tip. But it could be a good option for people who are feeling squirrelly about picking up takeout.

I also think it’s fine to customize your cards. Get the gift cards to the vegetarian restaurant for those who appreciate it, and get something different for the other employees. I don’t love Panera, but I’ll eat there for free. lol it’s probably a good safe choice.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast