Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    ... I hear about all the family get togethers from my students too. “Stay home” must mean something different
    DD's bestie's family are hanging out, indoors and unmasked, with their extended family. They even had an indoor birthday party(!) which we had to decline. (I was kind: "thanks so much for including DD, but indoor activities are way outside our comfort zone right now; we're not even hanging out inside with family!")

DH and I are not OK with DD hanging out in person, even outdoors and masked, with the bestie for this reason. (Of course, it's currently moot due to the weather being cold and the girls being in a freeze-each-other-out fight over video games, but if it comes up, that's our stance.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My hospital is not cancelling surgeries yet, but our Outpatient Surgery Center does have lower volume of cases than they normally do this time of year. Our County pre-emptively shut down, but our cases have been climbing. One of our (in-patient) nurses was exposed after Thanksgiving and admitted on Sunday night. As his coworkers had to take care of him, it was intense and scary for everyone.
    And yet, there are still nurses that travel out of state monthly to see family (flying to LA, through 3 airports, then returning the work the day after return), having meals together and going out hiking. I get so angry hearing about their adventures, but I recognize that I am also jealous of them for getting to do stuff while I haven't done anything in almost a year.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Oh no! I am so sorry! This sucks. I hope he is able to do it over spring break.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DH called today to reschedule, and they won't even reschedule it at this point. They are not allowed to schedule anything until they reopen the hospitals. He did get the doctor to write it down in her schedule, but can't officially schedule it. Now he will have to redo all of the pre-op appointments as well. Ugh.

I’m sorry, I know how frustrating this is. DD missed out on surgery scheduled for 3/20. It was literally the first day of surgery being shut down. What ended up happening here is the surgeons had to prioritize their elective cases after surgery was slowly restarted and had to petition the head of surgery for each case they wanted to do. We got lucky in that DD was actually the top of her surgeons list and so the wait was only a few months. With this being the second time elective surgery is being cancelled hopefully all the kinks in the system will be worked out. It isn’t a bad idea to get the time constraints on someone’s radar so hopefully he can get in during spring break or the very beginning of summer.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2