Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Stop having parties!

I just spent the last half hour being harassed and screamed at by my high schooler because I won’t allow them to go to a 4 hour birthday party with at least 20 other kids at an event space this evening. Every weekend one or the other of them is salty because I won’t allow them to go to a multi-kid sleepover. I am really resenting the parents who are putting me in this position by having these events, and the parents who allow their kids to go.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    I just spent the last half hour being harassed and screamed at by my high schooler because I won’t allow them to go to a 4 hour birthday party with at least 20 other kids at an event space this evening. Every weekend one or the other of them is salty because I won’t allow them to go to a multi-kid sleepover. I am really resenting the parents who are putting me in this position by having these events, and the parents who allow their kids to go.
    I agree. It is so frustrating. Sorry that you are dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I agree. It is so frustrating. Sorry that you are dealing with this.
    Thank you, so looking forward to being on the other side of this.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be livid as well. WTF people? I agree that it’s hard with teenagers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I feel you, so frustrating
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I so know the feeling. I’m tired of being the bad guy but indoor events aren’t happening for our family. Sorry!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had to turn down DD's bestie's party last month because it was indoors at a skating rink.

Bestie's mom tried her best to convince us it was fine - the place does temp-checks at the door! they're only inviting a handful of girls! they'll all be masked! - and I'm glad it's within her comfort zone, but it's way outside ours. (Especially because it was also during the Open Skate period, so it wouldn't just be the kids attending the party - it'd be their parents, and the public, and the exponent tree I was visualizing was out of control, so I guess I'm really a math person at heart!)

It's hard enough when DD feels left out, lonely, or otherwise isolated, but it is a frickin' pandemic and community spread numbers are rising.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

so sorry. i'd be super frustrated too. i agree, it's a very poor example for the parents to set by hosting this.

i'm lucky that my kids are a bit younger (4th and 5th grade) - they actually scoff when they see others having get togethers one of their BFFs families is super strict like us and that helps. my kids are also in the Roblox/gaming stage and they play online with their friends and cousins and that seems to satisfy them. i can imagine in the high school stage it is really hard though.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Over the spring and summer we let ds1 form a pod with 4 other friends. It was nice because the parents were also able to occasionally get together (outside, small groups). But, since he has been home for winter break I think all of the parents feel a bit reluctant to have the kids re-form their pod. I would have been ok with it though so I am hopeful things can resume a little bit. No parties though. Geez. What is going on with some people??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast