Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That sucks. Behavior like this will automatically mean kids from vulnerable families can’t participate, alienating them even more than isolating, virtual learning and quarantining have done. WTH?

In October our Scout Master decided it would be fun for the girls to all camp in the same tent. This was when cases were rising quickly. When I asked him why he could think this is a good idea he thought all the local schools were doing a good job of distancing kids so everyone sharing a tent would be low risk. One of the other parents (a doctor) chimed in that she was ok with it. For goodness sake, all summer the girls were camping in their own tents. What benefit would they get from all sleeping in a large troop tent that would be worth the risk of sharing COVID19?

I’ll admit, I sabotaged it. I called the campground and asked if they had rules about tent-sharing right now with local COVID19 cases rising. They of course don’t want a super spreader event at the campground so they said it tent-sharing wasn’t allowed except among family. The Scout Master scrapped the idea, thank goodness. Bunch of brainiacs.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-19-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.