Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
i have become so disgusted by some people's comments and actions as of late. i want to "unfriend" so many people...
If you can't unfriend without drama then unfollow and limit your social media time. (I have had to limit my social media time, otherwise I get really angry about everything.)

... these past 9 months we have been strict with the social distancing and kids have not been going anywhere, and we have not traveled to visit family. My company has cancelled every social event and has encouraged everyone to work from home which i have been doing. Feel like we are the kids stuck with doing all the work for a group project , needing to be the "responsible ones" while so many others go out
YES! I hate group projects for the bolded reason and this is a good description of how I feel, too.

I see that lack of seriousness here, too, and we were SLAMMED in the early days. The hospital a mile from my brother's house was overflowing!

DD's bestie's family has been gathering with extended family, indoors, and unmasked. We're at the point where we are considering barring the kids from getting together in person at all because that exponential tree is still going crazy in my head.

i am in TX where the cases are pretty high in our area. From an online tracking tool (maybe NYtimes?) i saw that there was very few open ICU beds left in our county. Yet people roll out with the holiday parties. It just feels so incredibly irresponsible. If that makes me a judgy person, so be it.
It is irresponsible and it's a part of the reason the "flatten the curve" messaging from March/April was both helpful and hurtful to keeping community spread low - helpful, in that it made the general population aware of the concrete steps individuals can take to reduce viral spread, but also hurtful, in that far too many people believed that flattening the curve meant after the curve was flat, everything was hunkydory. And that was never the case - flattening the curve helps free up hospital capacity for other patients, while spiking numbers mean there are fewer beds for surgical recovery or admissions from the ER or whatever else.

It's frustrating.