Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default frustrated with people's irresponsible actions :(

i have become so disgusted by some people's comments and actions as of late. i want to "unfriend" so many people. lol

i have several doctor friends who posted pics of themselves getting the vaccine. i've also seen these type of posts from healthcare workers/RNs in various health/fitness FB groups. In any case, it makes me so happy - the light at the end of the tunnel, a cause for celebration. I also think it's a celebration of the hardwork of those who worked tirelessly to do the research and also support the manufacturing of it (in such little time). But i was disturbed to see a decent number of negative and *hateful* comments on these posts! People remarking that they just posted this photo to get attention, how they are stupid to trust it, how they are spreading political propaganda, etc. LOTs of comments like this. Um......A healthcare worker working during a global pandemic (who literally risks their lives to help save others) finally getting a vaccine....... and so many roll out ignorant and hateful comments. I get that some are wary of the vaccine, or not everyone can take it.....but i think this goes beyond that. I feel a large segment of our population is hopelessly brainwashed. Maybe that is rude to say, but that's the best way i describe it. The amount of vitriol i see people lashing out right now to Drs getting the vax is just ridiculous.

also, i have several mom friends who keep posting all over IG tons of photos of their holiday parties and social-get togethers. Large groups (think 8-10 families) inside their house, eating/drinking/playing as normal, huddling together for photos, no masks in sight. THey did same thing for thanksgiving. Meanwhile these past 9 months we have been strict with the social distancing and kids have not been going anywhere, and we have not traveled to visit family. My company has cancelled every social event and has encouraged everyone to work from home which i have been doing. Feel like we are the kids stuck with doing all the work for a group project , needing to be the "responsible ones" while so many others go out

what gets me is that not only people have these big parties during COVID, as if nothing is wrong- they are PROUD of it (!)and spread it over social media. this keeps coming back to the brainwashed theory. Why else would someone do this (repeated host large, indoor get-togethers), and be proud if it, if they literally didn't believe COVID was a serious threat, especially in DECEMBER?

i am in TX where the cases are pretty high in our area. From an online tracking tool (maybe NYtimes?) i saw that there was very few open ICU beds left in our county. Yet people roll out with the holiday parties. It just feels so incredibly irresponsible. If that makes me a judgy person, so be it.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 12-19-2020 at 11:51 AM.