Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Three. I just checked them all and am fairly sure at least one is not getting here for sure.

Target - it hasn't even shipped yet! I ordered it two weeks ago and it says preparing for shipment, will arrive by Dec 24. Um...NOPE! The funny thing is the other item that I ordered wasn't supposed to ship until Dec 31 and arrived last week.

Kohls - USPS - This is comical. I ordered two or three weeks ago. It was picked up on the 12th from a store 40 minutes from me, yet when I looked for store pickup around me nothing was available. It went to a city 45 minutes from me, about 20 minutes south of where it came from within 2 hours of getting scanned.. It then took 10 days to go to the next facility, which is 45 minutes the other direction from me (so two hours from where it started). It was scanned as in transit on the 16th and then showing up at the facility on the 22nd. I believe it still has to go to another major USPS hub before it gets to my town, and that hub is known to be having weeks worth of backup. It's not getting here.

HoopSwagg - The USPS tracking on this says it's getting here by the 23rd but won't tell me where it is, so I'm not hopeful on this one either!

Luckily none of them are main presents. Just a couple stocking stuffers, a dog toy, and a picture frame.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

On a related note: are you all seeing a LOT more packages that start using UPS and are transferred to USPS for final delivery? I’ve always had some of these but it now seems like almost all my orders are delivered this way.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I shipped two on Saturday both in California and used priority mail. So I am hoping it gets there by Thursday.

I am waiting for my Russian Santa nesting dolls that were Christmas gifts and shipped on 12/2 from Russia. I knew it would be cutting it close though. They will most likely be used as presents for next year as they are still listed as being in Russia. My Ukrainian ordered puzzles from Child Universe shipped quickly and arrived last week (super cute and well made as well). My family who were supposed to get nesting dolls are getting flowers instead.

My Christmas card holder sign I ordered on 11/24 and shipped on 12/2 from SE Illinois and was supposed to be here on 12/11 is still not here.

I think that is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a family member who works for UPS. He says "lost" vs "delayed" depends on when the package was last scanned. If the last scan shows it's in a tractor-trailer, they know where the truck is and it's "delayed", If it was scanned at a sorting depot and it's not been scanned again for a certain amount of time, it could be considered "lost", though it may still turn up.

They also use the "driveway not accessible" for things like traffic accidents and now, things like protests blocking roads. Or at my old house, my idiot neighbor blocking the access road with his truck/trailer.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    None!

Only once in 10 years since we've lived here have I had a package go missing and on average I have at least 300 orders a year from Amazon alone!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Same! None so far thankfully!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The package from my mom that was supposed to be here 10d ago is still MIA.

The package that I mailed TO my mom (after standing in line for nearly 90min at the post office) just got marked 'return to sender' and is somewhere on its way back. Possibly due to wrong zip code by me. I'm LIVID. Miami is on a grid system. Even if the zip is wrong, it should have been able to be delivered. Plus, I thought the PO checked stuff like that. $20 I really didnt have wasted AND my mom wont get a gift for Christmas now.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I decided to call USPS and sat on hold while working for a little over an 1.5 hours. I have 3 that I really want a status update on. The lady on the phone sounded like she was going to fall over. No energy, sounded beaten down. She looked up all 3 and told me there is no other info other than the latest updates more than a week ago for each. She then told me that it means it's sitting at a sorting facility waiting for them to get to it because they are behind and overwhelmed. So basically, I shouldn't expect to see them for a while. Sigh.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I luckily don't have anything outstanding right now. I did mail packages a few days ago and I'm not sure if they've all arrived, but I'm not stressed if they arrive after Christmas as it's all for adults and my family is pretty laid back about that (except maybe for a high-strung IL....but I'm not so stressed about annoying someone that will be annoyed if a gift arrives late!)

I have had 2 packages "lost" this season though -- although both arrived without much delay and so I ended up with duplicates on both (as the shipper did a really nice job processing when it was "lost").

I lived overseas with the military for several years, where we were dependent on APO shipping (which for almost everything is just space-dependent and not particularly reliable) - so I feel like it was good practice for not having exact time frames for deliveries, and seeing a package sit in the same location for weeks on end......lol!
    Lizi

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What’s odd is that the sorting facility nearest me seems to have become a black hole 12/8-12/11. I know dozens of people with packages that arrived there during this window with no further updates. Things arriving before or after have been delivered. And our local news did a story on this sorting facility and said they are trying to redeploy staff there to assist.

I’m finding problems with UPS transferred to USPS and Mail Innovations transferred to USPS. Those seem to be the packages just sitting somewhere.

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    What’s odd is that the sorting facility nearest me seems to have become a black hole 12/8-12/11. I know dozens of people with packages that arrived there during this window with no further updates. Things arriving before or after have been delivered. And our local news did a story on this sorting facility and said they are trying to redeploy staff there to assist.

I’m finding problems with UPS transferred to USPS and Mail Innovations transferred to USPS. Those seem to be the packages just sitting somewhere.

Any chance you're talking about the one in Detroit? It's a big mess!! And I'm pretty sure all of my packages are there.

On a side note, two things I order three days ago that were shipped via UPS to USPS just showed up on my front porch, but things that were shipped the exact same method and have already been delivered to USPS are missing. Do something things get delivered directly to your post office and others don't? I just don't understand how some things that shipped a few days ago already would have made it through a sorting facility when others are clearly stuck there.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast