Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Home Search Help

Hi everyone. We started looking at homes a few weeks ago. Hubby and I both love this home. We have not seen it yet. I’m waiting until I find at least 4 homes to limit my home searching trips. Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Pros
    -Updated kitchen and bathrooms
    -Bedrooms 3. One for us. One for each child.
    -Single story except for office upstairs for hubby
    -Bathrooms 2.5
    -Patio. No clear photos though
    -2 car garage
    -wood burning fireplace
    -cul de sac
    -0.5 mile to Trader Joe’s. 3 minutes. That my current drive time now from our rental condo
    -Next to Restaurant Row. We have been isolating since March, but it’s nice that this is right next to over 70 restaurants when covid is over. Our rental condo is also the same distance too. I wanted to stay near this area.

Cons
    -Backyard size. 0.18 acres. Can't change the size.

Minor issues.
    -dining room in kitchen. We have a small 4 person table.
    -Septic-ok for the right home
    -HOA-ok for the right home. $165/month.

I’m just trying to eliminate homes for our possible in person search. Would you consider a home with everything that you want even though it had a small backyard?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by rollycolly2007; 12-22-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Image1608664865.280960.jpg

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Image1608664886.116453.jpg

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Image1608664905.240753.jpg

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

I would consider it after driving by to look at the back yard to see if the layout and things surrounding it would work for us.

Edit after seeing photos: I would be completely fine with the dining in the kitchen, but would be sad they wasted so much square footage on that bathroom and the tub. I'm sure other people feel exactly the opposite. So in the end it comes down to your preferences and what you think will work well for your family
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 12-22-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Image1608664922.377132.jpg

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Image1608664942.802764.jpg

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I would consider it after driving by to look at the back yard to see if the layout and things surrounding it would work for us.

Edit after seeing photos: I would be completely fine with the dining in the kitchen, but would be sad they wasted so much square footage on that bathroom and the tub. I'm sure other people feel exactly the opposite. So in the end it comes down to your preferences and what you think will work well for your family
    Thank you for your input. I guess I just imagined putting up a backyard play set for my kids since they have never had a backyard before. We are not in a rush at all, but the inventory is so low. There are only 12 homes in the 2 zip codes that fit our criteria. I cut almost all of them off my list except for this one and another one.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Please just go and see it. You won't be able to stack up your searches if the market is at all hot- things will sell and you will miss out. See them as they come and especially just start seeing them so you can really get a good feel for what you like/want and don't like/want. Those are things you can really only suss out in person not online. The yard size is likely fine but you need to go and walk around to to really know. If there are open houses this weekend, one of you should go and check out anything even if you don't think it's great online. The more you see the better you'll be able to spot a gem. And, consider working with an agent. They will know of pending listings and can get you in to see things before they hit places like Zillow. They can also know best how to expand your search or show you things you might pass by online.

That kitchen/dining room would be a no for me but that's just how they have it set up. It's entirely possible that you could set things up differently. But, if that really is the only dining space I would pass. We don't have an eat in kitchen but have in the past...looking at dirty dishes the whole time I am eating just isn't for me. I would assume that you would set up a table on your patio though and might eat out there if not too buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Please just go and see it. You won't be able to stack up your searches if the market is at all hot- things will sell and you will miss out. See them as they come and especially just start seeing them so you can really get a good feel for what you like/want and don't like/want. Those are things you can really only suss out in person not online. The yard size is likely fine but you need to go and walk around to to really know. If there are open houses this weekend, one of you should go and check out anything even if you don't think it's great online. The more you see the better you'll be able to spot a gem. And, consider working with an agent. They will know of pending listings and can get you in to see things before they hit places like Zillow. They can also know best how to expand your search or show you things you might pass by online.

That kitchen/dining room would be a no for me but that's just how they have it set up. It's entirely possible that you could set things up differently. But, if that really is the only dining space I would pass. We don't have an eat in kitchen but have in the past...looking at dirty dishes the whole time I am eating just isn't for me. I would assume that you would set up a table on your patio though and might eat out there if not too buggy.
    Thank you. I was unsure of the dining room space. Yes, our current table would fit, but you made a very good point. That’s why I am asking you all.

We have an agent. We are going to try to get pre-approved after Christmas.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast