Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rollycolly2007 View Post
    Thank you for your input. I guess I just imagined putting up a backyard play set for my kids since they have never had a backyard before. We are not in a rush at all, but the inventory is so low. There are only 12 homes in the 2 zip codes that fit our criteria. I cut almost all of them off my list except for this one and another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    You definitely need to go see it. There is so much you just can't tell from photos! You can tell some things by driving by/walking down the street/peeking in the back yard, but there are other things you can't tell until you get inside. I was recently looking for houses for both myself and my parents who are moving here from halfway across the country. If anything looked like a maybe online, the first thing I did was get in the car and drive by. If it still looked like a contender after the drive by, the next thing I did was text my realtor and ask him to get us in (if there wasn't an open house scheduled soon). It's a hot market here too, and half the things we liked were gone by the time I asked our realtor about them.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are there parks nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Are there parks nearby?

Image1608668420.084423.jpg

Yes. The home is the red dot near Dr. Phillips. There are 2 huge community parks that are over 100 acres 10 minutes away. Plus Disney within 5 miles, universal within 1 mile, sea world within 2 miles. We have been isolating since March. Before covid, every day was literally an adventure. Now we just have lots of fun indoor with daily neighborhood walks.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Quote Originally Posted by rollycolly2007 View Post
    Image1608668420.084423.jpg

Yes. The home is the red dot near Dr. Phillips. There are 2 huge community parks that are over 100 acres 10 minutes away. Plus Disney within 5 miles, universal within 1 mile, sea world within 2 miles. We have been isolating since March. Before covid, every day was literally an adventure. Now we just have lots of fun indoor with daily neighborhood walks.

There is also a private one in the subdivision.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Houses is just one of things you have to go in person and see. I also would really expand your search to include couple of towns you like. Your search parameters is very tight, so you’ll always have low inventory and even less so in a hot market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ask if play sets are allowed when you talk to a agent about the house some HOA don't allow play sets or trampolines The florida market is hot so if you like it I wouldn't wait around to go see it. Even if you go alone and your DH watches the kids for a look see. Have you found an agent?
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Ask if play sets are allowed when you talk to a agent about the house some HOA don't allow play sets or trampolines The florida market is hot so if you like it I wouldn't wait around to go see it. Even if you go alone and your DH watches the kids for a look see. Have you found an agent?
    Yes. I have an agent. I am planning on doing a drive by today.

Thank you for your suggestion. I was thinking the same thing about play sets.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Houses is just one of things you have to go in person and see. I also would really expand your search to include couple of towns you like. Your search parameters is very tight, so you’ll always have low inventory and even less so in a hot market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you. I did 2 zip codes. I originally only had 1 zip code for our home search. I know it’s very limited, but hubby wants to be close to work. Homes are much cheaper and sometimes offer more land if I move away from those zip codes, but they are not where we want to be. My husband dislikes driving.

DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was also thinking of another reason you have to go in- smell. If previous owners smoked, you won’t catch that in the listing. Same with pets. There are just some wonky things you notice when you go in person too.
    Good luck!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

RE agent's family here. For sure, don't delay on getting pre-approved. You want to be able to act at once if you find a home you love. And lenders will be swamped between Christmas and New Year's; as there are tax issues for investors that don't re-invest before the end of the year. Also, January is a big increase of listings/transactions in most areas. You'll want to be ahead of the curve. Get your ducks in a row and ready to pounce on the right house!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast