Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So glad he likes Michio Kaku, too. I didn't to think to mention it but my kid spent 8 hours this weekend attending online Fermilab open house. I don't know if you can go back and watch the lectures, but my son really enjoyed them.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Not a text book but my chemistry loving kid has loved this book https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/eleme...ray/1102421076

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    My middle schooler loves all Theodore gray books, they are destroyed he had read them so much.

Great other suggestions, I just requested a ton of books from the library. DS1 also loves physics and recently started getting really interested in chemistry, specifically the concept of stoichiometry, so happy to feed that!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    So glad he likes Michio Kaku, too. I didn't to think to mention it but my kid spent 8 hours this weekend attending online Fermilab open house. I don't know if you can go back and watch the lectures, but my son really enjoyed them.
    Thanks for mentioning Fermilab, I'll check them out! DS' music teacher has been collaborating with them. He's going to be interested from the science and music angles.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just wanted to come back to this thread to say THANK YOU. DS1 has been loving all the books recommended here! He has read all of them and is going through them a second time! I am going to look into the Mel Chemistry subscription because he now wants to start doing chemistry experiments

Looks like Fermilab did post the videos of the open house, I am going to have DS1 watch those too.

https://ed.fnal.gov/events/openhouse/
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I just wanted to come back to this thread to say THANK YOU. DS1 has been loving all the books recommended here! He has read all of them and is going through them a second time! I am going to look into the Mel Chemistry subscription because he now wants to start doing chemistry experiments

Looks like Fermilab did post the videos of the open house, I am going to have DS1 watch those too.

https://ed.fnal.gov/events/openhouse/
    So glad to hear that your DS is enjoying the book recommendations. Thanks for the update on Fermilab. I'll alert DS about that.

He's enjoying/reading Chad Orzel's "How to teach your dog Quantum physics" now. "Breakfast with Einstein" is up next.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Not a textbook, but the Mel Chemistry subscription is very good. My 7th grader is enjoying the experiments.
    I think the Mel Chemistry looks awesome!! I would love it for me!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2