Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE IN OP! Toaster oven air fryer without teflon

UPDATE!!

I have a winner! My friend called Instant brands and learned that their Omni 9 in 1 (NOT the Omni PLUS model) is pfoa and pfte free. It was out of stock everywhere since thanksgiving (she’s been looking) but I somehow found the last one in the bay area lol at our local Walmart. This model was only sold at Walmart - it Doesn’t have the slow cooking or proofing mode, which hardly matters to me. When do you slow cook in an oven?
    My box was marked with an august 2020 date so must have been a return, though it looked like it was never opened.
    And coincidentally the Instant Brand website has them in stock again and it’s cheaper than what I paid.

https://instantappliances.com/portfolio-item/instant-omni-toaster-oven-26l/#specifications

——————
    Our trusty Breville toaster oven died, so I’m going to replace it with an air fryer. I’m looking for the toaster oven style. Has anyone researched non-Teflon coatings? Per my reading, they should be pfoa And pfte free. I know this is an issue for bird owners but wondering how important this is for the general public. I’m trying to avoid Teflon Altogether in my cookware and also reduced plastics, certainly Anything that gets comes into contact with food.
    i’ve spent some time on this but there aren’t that many options. The ninja foodie comes up. I really wanted the Breville toaster air fryer but it seems to have one of the coatings I’m trying to avoid so trying to figure out how important this is healthwise. I know most people probably wouldn’t care, but since I’m reducing plastics/Teflon I’m curious.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 01-15-2021 at 12:56 PM.