Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE IN OP! Toaster oven air fryer without teflon

UPDATE!!

I have a winner! My friend called Instant brands and learned that their Omni 9 in 1 (NOT the Omni PLUS model) is pfoa and pfte free. It was out of stock everywhere since thanksgiving (she’s been looking) but I somehow found the last one in the bay area lol at our local Walmart. This model was only sold at Walmart - it Doesn’t have the slow cooking or proofing mode, which hardly matters to me. When do you slow cook in an oven?
    My box was marked with an august 2020 date so must have been a return, though it looked like it was never opened.
    And coincidentally the Instant Brand website has them in stock again and it’s cheaper than what I paid.

https://instantappliances.com/portfolio-item/instant-omni-toaster-oven-26l/#specifications

——————
    Our trusty Breville toaster oven died, so I’m going to replace it with an air fryer. I’m looking for the toaster oven style. Has anyone researched non-Teflon coatings? Per my reading, they should be pfoa And pfte free. I know this is an issue for bird owners but wondering how important this is for the general public. I’m trying to avoid Teflon Altogether in my cookware and also reduced plastics, certainly Anything that gets comes into contact with food.
    i’ve spent some time on this but there aren’t that many options. The ninja foodie comes up. I really wanted the Breville toaster air fryer but it seems to have one of the coatings I’m trying to avoid so trying to figure out how important this is healthwise. I know most people probably wouldn’t care, but since I’m reducing plastics/Teflon I’m curious.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 01-15-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Default Toaster oven air fryer without teflon

The Cuisinart one doesn’t have any Teflon. I got it last month, and it works really well. It also has great reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-TOA.../dp/B01K0W8LTE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    The Cuisinart one doesn’t have any Teflon. I got it last month, and it works really well. It also has great reviews.

Interesting… I read conflicting reports on that one. I’ve read that it does have PFTE, which is essentially Teflon. What does the inside look like?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Interesting… I read conflicting reports on that one. I’ve read that it does have PFTE, which is essentially Teflon. What does the inside look like?
    It looks like stainless steel/aluminum. Doesn’t look like it has a Teflon coating on it. Fryer basket definitely isn’t Teflon. I can take pics if you want.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post

BJs has it on sale this month if you happen to have a membership.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I also have a Cuisinart one, but mine is a little different. We got it at Costco. This is the one we have: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MRG5F4J..._uqn7FbZSARYK5
    I don't think there's any teflon. Here are photos of the inside (sorry it's messy, kids just used it) and the fryer basket/tray.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Toaster oven air fryer without teflon

I got the breville toaster oven air fryer from BBB during Black Friday https://www.crateandbarrel.com/brevi...en-air/s222978

The air fryer wire mesh tray is not coated. Is there some place you read that it has a coating? I’m feeling lazy to pull out the manual right now but I can look it up later. Your post has gotten me wondering. I avoid oil altogether and some potato patties I made did stick a bit since I don’t spray or brush with oil. But other than that, fries come out just fine without a drop of oil.
    I’m in love with this thing, I’ve made so many recipes in the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by Myira; 12-30-2020 at 03:50 PM.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

We have the Ninja Foodi air fryer/toaster oven/etc and we love it so far. I'm not sure about Teflon though. I don't think we've used the solid tray, just the basket and the regular rack. Our kitchen is so limited for counter space so the fact that it flips up is a big bonus.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Btw, we do Teflon free plastic free kitchen as well and at the very least for all cook and heat surfaces so you’re not unusual here. I’m looking for a bread maker that meets the criteria, and it’s been hard work.....

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    I got the breville toaster oven air fryer from BBB during Black Friday https://www.crateandbarrel.com/brevi...en-air/s222978

The air fryer wire mesh tray is not coated. Is there some place you read that it has a coating? I’m feeling lazy to pull out the manual right now but I can look it up later. Your post has gotten me wondering. I avoid oil altogether and some potato patties I made did stick a bit since I don’t spray or brush with oil. But other than that, fries come out just fine without a drop of oil.
    I’m in love with this thing, I’ve made so many recipes in the past few weeks.

Got this yesterday and I am obsessed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast