Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Instant Pot PSA

I will make sure to share this with DH since he got an Instant Pot for Christmas!!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SuenosDelMar View Post
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be jiggling anything on the instant pot. Waiting an extra few minutes is not that big of a deal.
    Agree, the thought of touching the lid before the pin has dropped has never even crossed my mind. If someone is impatient they should just go ahead and release the pressure themselves. That's what I do with beans-- 20 minute natural release then turn the knob and release the last bit of pressure.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’ve had an old-fashioned pressure cooker explode on me so I was always terrified of pressure cookers, but the IP doesn’t scare me at all, plus it’s so much easier to use. It has safety mechanisms to prevent problems, but definitely a good reminder to use it as intended! I have probably Jiggled it like that a couple of times when I was impatient, and it was almost done releasing pressure, but I will never do it again!

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Agree, the thought of touching the lid before the pin has dropped has never even crossed my mind. If someone is impatient they should just go ahead and release the pressure themselves. That's what I do with beans-- 20 minute natural release then turn the knob and release the last bit of pressure.

Never crossed my mind either. I’m too nervous about it exploding!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

I make lots of soups, stocks, stews in my IP and always wait. Just never worth it for me, and I’m usually busy or out while it’s doing it’s thing. So the pin has dropped 90% of the time for me.

Good reminder though! Especially as I’m sure lot of people try their IP again or new to it this month from xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

Yes! I always let it do it’s thing and then when the pin has dropped (fully) I release it. I’d be scared to do it any other way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2