Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What a great update! I'm glad you saw a PT, it was what I was going to suggest.

I was thinking of you today as I did something to my back yesterday and it's been bugging me since. Definitely small potatoes compared with what you are going through, but I totally get that the constant physical pain just makes a person crabby and short tempered!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    That's a great update.

I do wonder if swimming would be more helpful than walking? You would still build strength without weight-bearing. Just a suggestion!
    No, you are absolutely right- swimming would be the perfect way to build up some strength in that other leg. Unfortunately Dh insisted we winterize our pool this year because our pool heater has been giving us trouble for the past year and he thought a cold winter could finish it off for good. If our pool heater broke during very cold weather it could damage the pool and be a very expensive fix so he insisted. But of all winters, the pool would have been so well-used these past few months by me and the kids! Bummer.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, it sounds like you hit upon the exact problem and have a good solution. That is really great news and keep feeling better!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jent View Post
    What a great update! I'm glad you saw a PT, it was what I was going to suggest.

I was thinking of you today as I did something to my back yesterday and it's been bugging me since. Definitely small potatoes compared with what you are going through, but I totally get that the constant physical pain just makes a person crabby and short tempered!

It’s amazing to me how constant much pain affects me. I want to be alone, I don’t like peripheral noise, I keep telling the kids to be quiet, I can’t focus properly, I forget things easily, etc. It really changes my personality and brain function.

Thanks for thinking of me. I hope your back pain is gone now.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ugh I am glad it's improving and hope you feel better soon!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2