Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Selfish whine- I’m tired of being in pain

I broke my ankle and needed emergency surgery back in September. I couldn’t walk on it for 7 weeks and basically laid around in bed healing. It hurt to stand for too long when my ankle was healing because the blood would pool in my leg and throb. So it was just easier to stay in bed. Dh and the kids brought my meals to me in bed. But staying in bed left me very deconditioned. No one warned me about that. Once I was given the ok to walk and do physical therapy, well, it was the Christmas season and I overdid it. Limping around with that awful black boot on and pushing myself to prep the house for Christmas strained my lower back and hip. And then twice in December I did a couple of things that really hurt my hip even more. Now I have more pain in my hip than I do my ankle. I’m limping now but putting the weight on my recently healed ankle because my hip hurts so bad. The doctor I saw 2 days ago said he thinks I have bursitis but I feel pain in my right sacroiliac joint as well. It hurts to turn my hip a certain way, it hurts to sit, it hurts to go down the steps, and some of my yoga moves bring on pain so bad it takes my breath away.

I wanted so bad to be done with the ankle pain but now find myself unable to do much because of my lower back/ hip pain. Almost all of Christmas break has been such a disappointment because of the constant pain. I didn’t enjoy most of it. I wanted to play games with my kids and enjoy our new board games but I just can’t get comfortable. I’m grumpy and impatient with my kids. I started the pain meds but they make me loopy and I have a hard time concentrating. I just want it to be healed and done with it.

Ok, whine over.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-02-2021 at 10:47 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.