Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
Call my doc office today and scheduled a "problem appointment" in addition to my annual exam. They won't schedule them at the same time (or back to back) because "it gets wonky with billing insurance." That just sounds lazy to me. Mark it down as two appointments, two billing codes, two insurance claims. But whatever. The good news is that I can get in for the problem appointment in 2 weeks and it's with one of the docs who I saw back in my pregnancy days and is of mature age and long-time practicing. Whereas with my annual it's usually an NP, PA, or brand spankin new doc who hasn't even had her own kids yet, much less dealt with menopause (the one they schedule me with graduated 4yr ago!). That will give me this current cycle (due any day now) to try increased dose of ibuprofen and to read the book Latia recommended and go armed with info.
Sounds like a good plan and good luck! This probably goes without saying but make sure you eat a little something when you take the ibuprofen. Don’t take it on an empty stomach. Also, my doc said to start the ibuprofen a day or 2 before I suspected my period was coming.