Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I miss quiet

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I miss quiet

That's it. I miss quiet. The kids are finally in bed and I was hoping to read, but DH is playing the guitar. I feel like a jerk asking him to stop doing something he enjoys, but I just really, really miss quiet. And none of them seem to get it. At all.

Same. Definitely same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can relate! And my requirement for quiet is when eating dinner. My DS will talk nonstop and ask a barrage of questions. While I love family dinners in theory, these days I’d prefer to eat by myself in peace! We’ve tried telling him that conversation over dinner needs to be slow and calm but that does not sink in.
    I guess for once I can appreciate my DH who is a man of few words lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh! I was in my office earlier today and they slowly started trickling in one by one. With each addition the noise level rose. It took all my effort to keep from asking them to leave. DC have this high pitched laugh when they’re monkeying around with each other and it drives me batty.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default I miss quiet

I miss being alone in the house. I’m the one that does all the errands. I work part-time at a hospital, so we figure I’m already indoors with others and we’re limiting who goes into stores. DH and DS rarely go anywhere without me too. I can’t remember the last time I was alone in the house.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default I miss quiet

I have tried unsuccessfully to kick them out of the house (sending them on walks...). 1 time they all left and I thought I at least had 45 minutes alone. Then ds1 showed up 5 minutes later because he changed his mind about the walk. I frequently leave for walks or errands. Dh acted put out the times I went on walks alone while he’s been on holiday vacation but there was no way I was inviting anyone. I did finish my audiobook so I’ll invite people today. Maybe.
    Eta- it’s often too quiet here. People go to their own spaces a lot. I just miss having the house to myself. I do wake up early in an attempt to savor the peace. When people are up, I feel like I need to be more “on”.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I feel you so very deeply. I desperately need quiet (not just alone time, but actual quiet) and it is so, so, so rare these days. I know I'm lucky, because the "sounds" that bother me are usually good sounds -- kids having fun together, singing, etc. -- but it doesn't change the fact that it's not QUIET, which is what I'm craving!
    Lizi

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have been so on-edge that I didn't really connect with the fact that I'm used to having long stretches of quiet and alone time while DD and DH are out at school and work, respectively.

I started locking them out of my bedroom once a week and it's helped a lot, but it's not the same.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Eta- it’s often too quiet here. People go to their own spaces a lot. I just miss having the house to myself. I do wake up early in an attempt to savor the peace. When people are up, I feel like I need to be more “on”.

This is me. My kids often retreat to their own space, but DH has been working from home since March and never goes anywhere. He used to travel A LOT. I miss just having the house to myself. And I always feel like I need to be productive because he’s here to see if I’m being lazy. Not that he’s a jerk at all about what I do, it’s just me feeling self conscious about taking a break or an occasional nap. I honestly don’t have much to do these days because I don’t work and all the volunteer stuff I used to do is no more. I’m lucky I know but I feel like I should have a clean house and gourmet meals but I HATE that stuff so I don’t.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ladies...I figured it out!!

QUIET TIME is reinstated! An hour or more each day is saving my sanity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast