Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Here is the LA County travel directive:
    http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/med...ive_Travel.pdf

We are following the rules and now live another SoCal county, but honestly this is insane. It would be easier to close the parks, trails, and beaches again than enforce this. I can’t even imagine trying to follow this if I lived in an LA County/Orange County border city like we used to. We have friends whose kids live in LA County and their kids go to school in Orange County (and vice versa)....in some cases it is less than a mile away and in others it is further like 15-20 miles for high school. And as far as I know there are still public and private schools open for hybrid learning in Orange County.

Don’t hate me but I think it is rules like this travel directive are what makes people beyond irritated with the restrictions and less likely to follow the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

the latest from my employer is that we can continue to work even if we have a family member with COVID if we don't have symptoms... sigh
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post
    the latest from my employer is that we can continue to work even if we have a family member with COVID if we don't have symptoms... sigh
    Wow, that goes against cdc guidelines and am sure local health dept guidelines. Is this a health care setting???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Wow, that goes against cdc guidelines and am sure local health dept guidelines. Is this a health care setting???

I think that there are probably a lot more healthcare settings doing this than you would imagine, to avoid staff shortages. Personally I can say that in a local healthcare setting they are definitely not quarantining with a known exposure, basically a positive test only.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Quote Originally Posted by kdeunc View Post
    I think that there are probably a lot more healthcare settings doing this than you would imagine, to avoid staff shortages. Personally I can say that in a local healthcare setting they are definitely not quarantining with a known exposure, basically a positive test only.
    This is why my kids would have to be really, really sick for me to even risk taking them into the ped right now. It's not just patient/family member exposures but their own freaking staff you can't really trust. In our healthcare workplace situation there were 4 or 5 people that could have covered for her, easily, and she does not *need* the money, she's basically working for her retirement savings. I am sympathetic to the people that HAVE to work, either thanks to shortages, employers being jerks, or to put food on their table...but there are also PLENTY of people that are just selfish, entitled jerks who don't think twice before potentially exposing other people.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I feel the opposite, we have had to do med checks for my two kids who have adhd and I have had my annual gyn and then a mammogram and the staff are doing plenty of safety precautions and wearing PPE properly. My patients at the nursing home have to go out for appointments and none have contracted covid. I guess because I go to work on high risk environments and feel that I'm wearing proper ppe I am pretty safe. I think folks need to take care of medical needs, it might become a big problem later.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default THIS is why we can't be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I feel the opposite, we have had to do med checks for my two kids who have adhd and I have had my annual gyn and then a mammogram and the staff are doing plenty of safety precautions and wearing PPE properly. My patients at the nursing home have to go out for appointments and none have contracted covid. I guess because I go to work on high risk environments and feel that I'm wearing proper ppe I am pretty safe. I think folks need to take care of medical needs, it might become a big problem later.

We had a med check appointment with a new physician for Dd2 a few months ago and it was a disaster. We had connection problems and I felt like he was totally dismissing my concerns. I got more feedback from the intake nurse on the phone I had to call to get the referral. I can’t wait until we are able to see a doctor in person again.

I have had outpatient surgery (last June), and have been to urgent care four times since moving in August (twice for myself, and once for each dd) and that was fine, and I had one in person scheduled appointment that went fine. Dd1 had her yearly physical as well in October as well and DH took her and said things went well. My insurance and provider are the same (Kaiser) and I have been very happy that they have the funds and proper PPE set up. I still haven’t had a physical for myself, but had a mammogram in 2019 and my gynecologist exam should probably happen next year. I am okay waiting on those things for myself until later this year, but for issues like urgent care and visits for my kids I am okay going in if I need to. I see the reason for a push for telehealth for on going adult issues, but where kids are concerned I would much rather still have an in person visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-11-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2