Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Vaccines for teachers!

Michigan is starting to let teachers get the vaccine on Monday. Many of my teacher friends have already made appointments for their first dose! I'm so happy for them. We've been in-person except when not allowed by the state. It's really gone well, but I know teachers will be able to feel a bit more relaxed with the vaccine.
    Kris

That's awesome! I think our state is hopefully getting there soon too except it's a pretty broad category so we'll see. I know our school nurses at least have mostly all gotten or been offered the vaccine at least.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope that all of the workers and long term care residents have been vaccinated already, they should be a priority given they are in a proven setting with the highest infection and death rate. Nothing against teachers but there just hasn't been the transmission rate like in long term care.

In IL most long term care facilities are still waiting, cvs has pushed our date back from Dec 29, Jan 5th and now we are told Jan 19th. I've heard of similar issues around the country.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Teachers in Los Angeles are being told maybe by Feb or March. There are still over a million people in Tier 1A in LA county that have not been vaccinated. Teachers fall in Tier 1B and there are 3.3 million people in LA county in that group.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I hope that all of the workers and long term care residents have been vaccinated already, they should be a priority given they are in a proven setting with the highest infection and death rate. Nothing against teachers but there just hasn't been the transmission rate like in long term care.

In IL most long term care facilities are still waiting, cvs has pushed our date back from Dec 29, Jan 5th and now we are told Jan 19th. I've heard of similar issues around the country.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't know. The nurses I know have been vaccinated. I'm not sure I know anyone currently in long term care. I would agree that they need to be done sooner as well.
    Kris

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Great news!

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Teachers are in the next tier in NY, but it specifies "in-person teachers" which will be interesting to see how that plays out for DH. He is teaching a fully remote class but is required to report to a classroom and teaches in a space shared by two other teachers. So he is in person but his students aren't.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have mixed feelings about this. My friend got the vaccine last Saturday because he husband is teacher in Texas and he and all the family can get it. This includes her 18 and 21 yo living with them. Not all healthcare professionals have the vaccine yet. I mean, I’m happy for my friend, but this does not seem like a decision based on good public health policy.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. My friend got the vaccine last Saturday because he husband is teacher in Texas and he and all the family can get it. This includes her 18 and 21 yo living with them. Not all healthcare professionals have the vaccine yet. I mean, I’m happy for my friend, but this does not seem like a decision based on good public health policy.
    I have elderly relatives in Texas who are being told they have to wait. Crazy that family members can get it first. That’s Texas!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I have elderly relatives in Texas who are being told they have to wait. Crazy that family members can get it first. That’s Texas!
    I looked at the DPH website for Texas, teachers are not in the current wave. I have no idea how this happened.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast