Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I think the pedestal one is more unique and interesting. Is that the same one I linked to above? I also agree with PP that it will be easier to vacuum around!
    It is the one that you linked to!

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Oh, wow, interesting comments. I actually much prefer the one with the chunky legs to the one on the left with the more spindly legs so I'm glad that people all prefer that one, too. As for the pedestal vs the one with the legs, it's about an even split, so that's no help!

ETA: Which style of table do you think will be the most classic and less likely to become dated?

I think the pedestal style is much more likely to become dated than the 4 leg style.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I think the pedestal style is much more likely to become dated than the 4 leg style.
    I agree. 4 legs is a classic design.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    So this is my thought too. My DH really likes the pedestal and thinks it is much more interesting but I like the 4 leg style. That's why I'm reaching out to you all to get opinions.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My parents have had a table similar to the middle one in their family room for more than 20 years. It doesn’t look dated IMO.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly, I think they both lean towards older time periods. The pedestal looks a little more 60s/70s, but with a twist with the wood colors and the heavier legged one looks more 80s/farmhouse/rustic. So, it's going to depend on your decorating style preferences for that one.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Honestly, I think they both lean towards older time periods. The pedestal looks a little more 60s/70s, but with a twist with the wood colors and the heavier legged one looks more 80s/farmhouse/rustic. So, it's going to depend on your decorating style preferences for that one.
    That's why I've had such a hard time finding what I want. The style now is different. But I figure good wood pieces are timeless, provided I choose a timeless style.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4