Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Can anyone find a coffee table that meets my requirements? UPDATE

I need a new coffee table. I would like a large square one (48"-55") in wood finish and I would prefer a dark brown chocolate wood color, but am open to a lighter wood. I prefer the chunkier leg style -- a pedestal would be fine but I haven't seen any pedestal ones. It has to have no shelf underneath or any kind of metal scrollling that extends similar to a shelf--this rules out a lot of them. This is a large piece of furniture for the main room we use so I am okay spending a little more to get a quality piece.

I have found two I like but neither quite work.

This one I like but it's in black and I need a brown color: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-bbil1579.html

This one I like but it's only 12" high and I think that would be a little too low: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...004196991.html

Last edited by elbenn; 03-02-2021 at 11:36 AM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I need a new coffee table. I would like a large square one (48"-55") in wood finish and I would prefer a dark brown chocolate wood color, but am open to a lighter wood. I prefer the chunkier leg style -- a pedestal would be fine but I haven't seen any pedestal ones. It has to have no shelf underneath or any kind of metal scrollling that extends similar to a shelf--this rules out a lot of them. This is a large piece of furniture for the main room we use so I am okay spending a little more to get a quality piece.

I have found two I like but neither quite work.

This one I like but it's in black and I need a brown color: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-bbil1579.html

This one I like but it's only 12" high and I think that would be a little too low: https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...004196991.html
    Can you find someone to custom make one? I know my friend has made coffee tables similar to those to sell before.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you looked at Room & Board or Bo Concept?

I think the prices for the Wayfair ones seem really high. Especially the first one which isn’t even solid wood.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Can you find someone to custom make one? I know my friend has made coffee tables similar to those to sell before.
    I looked on Etsy but didn't find anything.

ETA: I don't really know where to find custom-made furniture other than Etsy.
    Last edited by elbenn; 01-07-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Have you looked at Room & Board or Bo Concept?

I think the prices for the Wayfair ones seem really high. Especially the first one which isn’t even solid wood.
    I totally agree that those prices seem high--but I can't find anything else that fits what I want. I looked at Room & Board and found nothing. I've never heard of Bo Concept but will check it out. The problem is that almost all of the ones are designed with shelves.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    ETA: I don't really know where to find custom-made furniture other than Etsy.
    There are almost certainly local woodworkers around - if you're on facebook I'd ask for recommendations, or try calling a specialty retail store or if you know any local interior designers. My mom & stepdad own one of the WoodCraft stores but I'm sure there are others.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Can anyone find a coffee table that meets my requirements?

Pier 1’s Parsons coffee table could work. Not sure if it is available now. I heard that someone bought the Pier 1 name after bankruptcy but changed the inventory.
    Eta - says “out of stock” which it does for all of the original inventory. Crate and Barrel’s Parsons table could work. Also look at West Elm. Don’t buy that $2000+ one from Wayfair. That price is nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 01-07-2021 at 03:51 PM.

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you're okay with doing the finish work yourself or know someone who could do it for you:
    https://sanfordunfinishedfurniture.c...bb6156a9e8d405

ETA: the have the same one on Amazon for a little less. https://smile.amazon.com/Internation...0045588&sr=8-2
    Last edited by klwa; 01-07-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Room and board has square 40x40 coffee tables that are customizable. We have one. I can’t imagine how huge a coffee table would be it it were 48” square or bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast