MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Easter basket ideas for tween boys

DS1 is 12 and I am struggling with ideas. DS2 just admitted he thought I was the Easter bunny so this is the first year it's common knowledge that it's me. I think DS1 knew a long time ago but he didn't want to say anything. So I feel like it has to be a decent basket since I can't "blame" anyone is they don't like stuff They're each getting a soccer jersey that I had from Christmas but decided to save for Easter. DS2 (9) is also getting some origami paper and book, and a crayola create a monster kit that uses model magic, plus a few snacks they like. Where I'm really struggling is something else smaller for DS1. Any ideas? Soccer season starts soon but I can't think of anything he needs. He likes to fish, so maybe I can find something in that area he would enjoy. He's big into sports in general. Help!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We mostly do candy here. Everyone gets a book in their basket and generally a small Lego set the remainder is candy.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We mostly do candy here. Everyone gets a book in their basket and generally a small Lego set the remainder is candy.
    I normally do one "big" thing, a book, and candy. However, he just got a herbst appliance plus he has a peanut allergy, so it eliminates almost all of the candy he can actually have!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Just a ton of candy.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We tend to do almost a Christmas Stocking filler type Easter Basket, especially for teens. So far I have books, a teacup ( long story...), the Knight Bus filled with candy, a phone pouch, keychain, Easter Candy, Small plush toy, some fun jewelry... Whatever seems like something they would like and will fit in a basket. Last year I used a Comic Book storage box as the "basket", this year I think I will just use a random wooden tote from the closet...

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My crew had fun doing and eating the mochi making kit I bought on Uncommon Goods. They also have a candy bar kit and others. Could be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A baseball hat from his fav team, your local TJ maxx should have plenty, or even tshirt from his fav teams, my son pretty much only wears team shirts or plain Nike/Adidas etc shirts.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I often do little puzzle types of things or fidget type toys. Does he like Rubix cubes and all the many variations? Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty. Things like this. (I don’t have any of these but it’s in my cart as a possible Easter purchase.)

SHASHIBO - The Shape Shifting Box (36 Rare Earth Magnets) - STEM/STEAM Fidget, Geometric 3D Transforming Magnetic Box Magic Cube (Wings) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FPGR7V7...ing=UTF8&psc=1

A pair of sock socks or new shin guards. A ball pump. A zippered boots bag from his fave EPL team if he has one. Or if his team is one of the big ones I have found some really cool things on Etsy, like framed prints. If you think that would appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some type of fidget toy
    Snacks, even if candy is out of the question. (Small container of Pringles or Combos type things.)
    DVD of something not on your streaming services.
    Nintendo eShop card.
    Hand pump for soccer ball?
    Silly socks or underwear.
    Axe body spray & or deodorant
    New (silly) masks.
    Last edited by klwa; 03-22-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)