Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    I would love one also. We’ve been dying to find out what Cisco is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your mail is full. Here is a link. https://www.talkable.com/x/OPNhzm I'm not sure if they are one time use, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Your mail is full. Here is a link. https://www.talkable.com/x/OPNhzm I'm not sure if they are one time use, so let me know if it doesn't work.
    Thanks! I just ordered.
    And cleared my mailbox

Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’d like a referral code too. Our mutt is also definitely part Australian cattle dog but the rest of him is a mystery! They are very devoted dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I’d like a referral code too. Our mutt is also definitely part Australian cattle dog but the rest of him is a mystery! They are very devoted dogs.
    I think i sent it, but nothing is showing up in my "sent" folder. Let me know if you didn't get it.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

How fun! I'm on a Facebook group of "alumni" from the rescue where we got our dog and people are always posting their results, lots of litter-mate owners, so it's cool to see.

We got our dog there years ago, before the FB group and all the testing-sharing. We always talked about doing it with her. She was born in the rescue to an English Springer Spaniel. We met the mom (who did not look like a mix, but who knows) and the pups when we picked her out. Our pup has NO appearance of and English Springer Spaniel. Everyone is surprised when they hear that. Some of her siblings did have that look, or at least traits of, but not her. Not her ears, legs, coat, face, tail, coloring. She's too tall and too heavy. Nothing fits. But, she's a natural bird pointer, so there is that!

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    How fun! I'm on a Facebook group of "alumni" from the rescue where we got our dog and people are always posting their results, lots of litter-mate owners, so it's cool to see.

We got our dog there years ago, before the FB group and all the testing-sharing. We always talked about doing it with her. She was born in the rescue to an English Springer Spaniel. We met the mom (who did not look like a mix, but who knows) and the pups when we picked her out. Our pup has NO appearance of and English Springer Spaniel. Everyone is surprised when they hear that. Some of her siblings did have that look, or at least traits of, but not her. Not her ears, legs, coat, face, tail, coloring. She's too tall and too heavy. Nothing fits. But, she's a natural bird pointer, so there is that!
    I sometimes see reviews from people who are mad at Embark because their dog looks nothing like what their breed results indicate, but your experience is a perfect example of how genetics don't always work out the way you expect them to!

I hope that everyone who has ordered a kit posts their results. This is so fun!

A small update on Margot/Cujo....we have a new outlook on her stalking/herding behavior. Last night I brought Olive into the living room to snuggle on the couch and let Margot lay next to us instead of shoo her away thinking she was going to attack again. It was a perfect evening of all three of us cuddling together on the couch!

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd love a referral code too! Our rescue dog is from Alabama. We occasionally meet dogs who look a lot like him, they are always rescue mutts from the south too. He looks a bit like a beagle but bigger or a lab but smaller- curious to find out what, if any, of those lineages he has!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post

Our dog who passed away last summer is a really mixed up mutt (7 breeds + supermutt on her list) but English Springer Spaniel is second! It totally explained her coloring and the softness of her fur which was almost more like silky (though short) hair. Her Embark-discovered full sibling has the exact same mix of 7 breeds but looks NOTHING like her, coloring-wise, other than having a similar size and body shape and temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I sometimes see reviews from people who are mad at Embark because their dog looks nothing like what their breed results indicate, but your experience is a perfect example of how genetics don't always work out the way you expect them to!

I hope that everyone who has ordered a kit posts their results. This is so fun!

A small update on Margot/Cujo....we have a new outlook on her stalking/herding behavior. Last night I brought Olive into the living room to snuggle on the couch and let Margot lay next to us instead of shoo her away thinking she was going to attack again. It was a perfect evening of all three of us cuddling together on the couch!
    Anyone who has seen a litter of mixed breed pups ought to know better, right?? It's way more complicated than just imagining a mash-up of breeds.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Bumping - Embark is offering $50 off a breed + health kit for those who haven't purchased yet. It makes the kit $149 which is cheaper than what's on Amazon and you won't pay tax if you order directly from Embark.

Code is LOVE2021 and ends 2/14 at midnight Pacific time.

ps Zukeypur, I missed it above but so glad to hear your "Cujo" update and hope things continue to stay well!!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 02-12-2021 at 03:03 PM.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Finally got our results back from Embark regarding our extremely crazy, super high-energy terrier mix rescue pup. The previous owner surrender paperwork from the shelter didn’t make sense and the rescue organization that recovered her had their guesses. We thought she was a mix of Yorkie or Silkie or Cairn with Dachsund and Jack Russell. She is apparently 100% yorkie! She is the biggest and longest yorkie on the planet at 18#!! I have my doubts.

Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast