Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Just another vote to wait a year or 2. The supply chain issues are so crazy and everyone and their best friend wants to remodel because they've been staring at the inside of their house for 10 months straight. Things like permitting are backed up as well so a lot of projects seem to be hurry up and wait.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Just another vote to wait a year or 2. The supply chain issues are so crazy and everyone and their best friend wants to remodel because they've been staring at the inside of their house for 10 months straight. Things like permitting are backed up as well so a lot of projects seem to be hurry up and wait.
    Right. Iím actually really concerned about the permitting.

We think weíve decided on #4 and most questions are answered. We have a detailed bid. So my guess is we could sign next week BUT already heard that they canít find original quartz (which was fine but I wasnít in love with it, and other manufacturers have similar - waiting for price check.). I would be much more concerned about tile being out of stock but looks like that is readily available. I think we will know pretty soon if we HAVE to wait. Which would be ideal (shhh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kestrel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know if it's the same nationwide, but very basic things like plywood, drywall and insulation have more than doubled in price here. We completed a exterior build of a shop Dec 2018 and are still waiting for prices to come down to do some interior work because the prices are so ridiculous and supply is unpredictable.

I don't know if it's the same nationwide, but very basic things like plywood, drywall and insulation have more than doubled in price here. We completed a exterior build of a shop Dec 2018 and are still waiting for prices to come down to do some interior work because the prices are so ridiculous and supply is unpredictable.

Yeah that's one of the sort of interesting (?) things to me. It's interior so no drywall. Minimum plywood. I know the cost of the tile and flooring and neither are out of line. I think there's a bit of the 'and and and' in a somewhat larger bathroom. Some is that there's some weird demo, plumbing and electrical that need to be done too.

Interestingly - we also have a flooring project that I've left out of this - but really should be done as part of the bathroom project. And as part of THAT we need to replace banisters and spindles (?) on a stairwell, and that could end up really being the blocker. Waiting to hear more about that part but reiterated to DH yesterday that we aren't starting til we're relatively confident on the stairs piece.

For those wondering about all the work in a rental - we did one piece of 'work' on it when we bought, and planned to do all of this when we were done renting or close. So far nothing is out of scope of the longer term plan, and pricing is +/- where I thought it would be. (Way more than DH did but...I always knew his wasn't realistic. He's also the spender and I'm the saver so this has worked out ok.)

Coming back to update. We let the one we thought might charge us for bidding know we arenít using her. She sent a very professional response. We then asked what we owed her - $130 which is fine given our initial discussion about this.

Thanks for the input above. We signed the contract earlier this week, have almost all the surfaces picked out (have been trying for weeks to get quartz samples) and permitting has started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4