Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you all! Glad to know the Malm appears to be holding up well. It is such a pain to try and find it BUT it is what I want both in appearance and price point!

I have looked on FB marketplace and Craigslist. They have some Malm dressers though none are in the color that I want and honestly they seem overpriced for buying used. Also, they're just as far away from me as IKEA is. (It is at least a one hour drive--usually longer due to traffic!)

I'll keep stalking the IKEA website and see what I can do. Maybe DH can take over remote learning for a day so I don't have to go on a Saturday. It isn't so much that I mind waiting (so long as my tasks are being taken care of!) as that I'm concerned about the distancing and safety of being in a publicly crowded place. And then to take that chance and still not be able to get what I'm looking for!

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would one like this work? You can paint/stain as desired.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Thank you all! Glad to know the Malm appears to be holding up well. It is such a pain to try and find it BUT it is what I want both in appearance and price point!

I have looked on FB marketplace and Craigslist. They have some Malm dressers though none are in the color that I want and honestly they seem overpriced for buying used. Also, they're just as far away from me as IKEA is. (It is at least a one hour drive--usually longer due to traffic!)

I'll keep stalking the IKEA website and see what I can do. Maybe DH can take over remote learning for a day so I don't have to go on a Saturday. It isn't so much that I mind waiting (so long as my tasks are being taken care of!) as that I'm concerned about the distancing and safety of being in a publicly crowded place. And then to take that chance and still not be able to get what I'm looking for!
    The Craigslist ones might not be a deal and might be any closer BUT they are available ASAP. No stalking, no lines, no crowds- just go and pick it up. Plus, already assembled!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am sitting in a parking spot now for click and collect. Midweek the wait is 2-10 min. The pieces I wanted were both available today so I just went for it. It’s a 2 hour drive each way, but dinner is ready and they can put it in the oven and start without me. I’m so excited to get the messy area in order with furniture that fits.

You can make it happen... just find some way to catch it available at the store and go! An hour each way is not bad at all for the right piece of furniture.

Do your remote learners need a ton of direction at this point in the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I am sitting in a parking spot now for click and collect. Midweek the wait is 2-10 min. The pieces I wanted were both available today so I just went for it. It’s a 2 hour drive each way, but dinner is ready and they can put it in the oven and start without me. I’m so excited to get the messy area in order with furniture that fits.

You can make it happen... just find some way to catch it available at the store and go! An hour each way is not bad at all for the right piece of furniture.

Do your remote learners need a ton of direction at this point in the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on the day! The tricky person is DD who will walk into her brothers zoom meetings if not supervised. Oftentimes DS2 can help out with DD if DH is on a meeting (because he's savvy like that). DS1 has a totally different schedule than the rest of the kids so it is a tricky puzzle. If I can't make it work, I suppose I can always just bring DD with me. Nobody will cry if a 1st grader misses 3 hours of zoom right, lol?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Depends on the day! The tricky person is DD who will walk into her brothers zoom meetings if not supervised. Oftentimes DS2 can help out with DD if DH is on a meeting (because he's savvy like that). DS1 has a totally different schedule than the rest of the kids so it is a tricky puzzle. If I can't make it work, I suppose I can always just bring DD with me. Nobody will cry if a 1st grader misses 3 hours of zoom right, lol?
    I was going to suggest taking your DD with you. Nice chance for her to get some one on one with you and a breather for your older DC.

Yeah, take DD with you if it works better that way and don't feel guilty about it at all! I have a first grader doing distance learning all year. We make a reasonable effort to have him at all of his Google Meets and do all of his homework, but I'm not going to feel guilty if he misses an occasional meeting or assignment. Because in the end it's not going to make a bit of difference!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

and throw in a drivethru run for a milkshake or something and really make it a fun outing!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I needed a new dresser to put inside DS1's closet and was having the same IKEA issues as you, so I gave up. I ended up buying this Graco (!) dresser and switched up the knobs to flat black matte knobs. It may be too small for you (I needed narrow enough for access with just 1 closet door open) but so far so good. It took 10 days to arrive. It's definitely smaller than my Hemnes dresser, but it fit everything we needed to fit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R2FMG4J...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 01-14-2021 at 02:54 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

When I was stalking ikea for desks a few months ago I found this on Reddit. It has two links that will notify you when a click and connect is available. I would personally just drive there. There were a few things I was looking for and they updated overnight to having 5 in stock. I arrived when they opened and they their inventory was accurate for those things.

I would just make the drive and have everything in hand. I’ve heard many people placing orders and find out many items were canceled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IKEA/commen..._delivery_and/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2