jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Travel lodging unicorn

I’m looking for a place to stay this summer somewhere within 8ish hrs driving distance of NJ and AL. I usually rent a house and have family members contribute what they can afford. Due to Covid we would need separate lodging so I need affordable. Ideally we would like small cottages or efficiency units with kitchenette and bathrooms. Direct access rather than having to go through a hallway. Planning to spend our time outside as much as possible so easy trails and water access nearby are high on the list. We’re avoiding indoor spaces due to high risk factors so the usual museums, theme parks, etc are out for now.

(If you’re aware of such a place within 8 hrs of NJ in any direction please share as well.)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've stayed here with friends in the past (last in 2016)- there are multiple units there, all exterior entrances. We pretty much spent our days on the beach. Some are rented by different agencies, you'd have to dig. https://www.holden-beach.com/holden-...ers-edge-435-b

Alternatively, look for a group of cabins and cottages. We're doing that in Michigan with families we typically vacation with.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Blackwater Falls, WV.
    There are a lot of Airbnb’s in the Finger Lakes. Start by looking near Ithaca.
    I know I have more so I’ll be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Read too fast before. So you want somewhere between Alabama and NJ; no one has to drive more than 8 hours? A bit far for you but I bet you can find something good at Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I'd probably search state and national parks between the 2 points. Lake Anna in VA or Deep Creek in MD will have choices too.