Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Weighted blankets

I had posted about weighted blankets a couple of years ago but never got around to buying them. I got one as a gift recently and OMG I can’t tell you how much this has helped me! Dd and I find it very cozy.

The other day I was feeling very anxious about something - Covid has not helped- and as soon as I used it I swear within a few minutes I totally calmed down. And the thing is I wasn’t expecting that, otherwise I would say maybe it was the power of suggestion, but the rest of the night too I was fine as I took it and put it on my bed to sleep at night.

This is a 10 pound Sherpa lined throw by Gravity, so I think it’s going to be too hot to use on my bed on a regular basis- last night I used just this with cotton pjs and it was ok- but I will use this downstairs as a throw since my downstairs is chilly most of the time. We keep it on the cooler side in the winter. So now I’m looking for at 10 to 12 pound (up to 15 lb) throw for my bed that won’t get too hot. If anyone has any ideas, Lmk. Ideally it should be machine washable and not white.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This one has a washable cover. The bad review is because it was too small. I’ve never found a blanket that will fully cover my bed.

https://www.mattressfirm.com/blanqui...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got DS this one:https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-43...web-ta-keyword

The material on the outside cover is smooth and almost silky. Super easy to wash the cover. It definitely keeps him much cooler than the cover I have on my weighted blanket which is a fuzzy type. I sweat sometimes at night with mine.

If you don’t mind paying for a custom made blanket, I recommend this Etsy seller. This is the one I purchased (11 lbs), and I love it. I had bought a cheapo one from target but it was so loud.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7080222...f=yr_purchases

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

OP, can I ask if you two are side sleepers or back sleepers? We tried one a few years ago and the weight was definitely too crushing (even though it was sized for a 50 lb child) to use when sleeping on my side.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The three kids and I all love our weighted blankets! (DH hates mine). I use mine year round but our bedroom stays quite cool in summer. Definitely fine one that is easy to remove the cover to wash. Mine is 15 lbs and I find that perfect. I do believe it helps my anxiety and also my adrenal issues. (I get some weird feelings with AF, like "floating" sensation and dizziness....calmly laying under the blanket and taking deep breathes seems to help).

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS2 has one that has been awesome, we've had it over 2 years and it looks new. It fits on his twin size bed, is that "minky" fabric, and the whole thing can be machine washed on gentle and dried. We wash it about 2x per month and it looks perfect still. He uses it on all but the hottest nights (like over 83 degrees in the house because I hate sleeping with the air conditioner on). We got it in Amazon, the brand is Davarose, but when I go to my old order, the product is showing not available. I sent the link to my friend just about 6 months ago and she bought the same one for her DD who also loves it. I like being able to wash the whole thing without taking a cover off or whatever.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    OP, can I ask if you two are side sleepers or back sleepers? We tried one a few years ago and the weight was definitely too crushing (even though it was sized for a 50 lb child) to use when sleeping on my side.
    Interestingly, we both alternate between side and stomach sleeping! ETA: I have read that side sleepers should get slightly lighter blankets, but I guess some people just don't like the feel, so perhaps you are one of those? I can definitely see how it''s a very personal preference.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 01-04-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Thanks for the ideas! I will take a look. I'm around 115-120 lb (thanks to IF!) so I'm thinking i need a 12 lb. throw, ideally. I know it's partly preference. I like the pressure of the 10 lb. throw I have but wouldn't mind a bit more weight.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I'm a side sleeper and mine is a 15lb. I love the feeling so wouldn't mind getting a heavier one. DH hates my weighted blanket and calls it my armadillo shell because he can't snuggle when I'm using it He tried to use it one night to understand my love and hated it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast