Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Google Photo Scan App - Please HELP! Did I waste hours???

I posted last week about needing to scan hundreds of very old photographs. I got the Photo Scan App and started using it right away.

I am an idiot and cannot find the scanned photos anywhere!!!!

I now see that I could and should have gone through Google Photos to Utilities, etc., etc. I did not. I scanned, liked, scanned some more.

Is anyone able to advise? I am so discouraged, as my elderly mom *watched* me scan so many photos that I now cannot locate online.
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma2004 View Post
    I posted last week about needing to scan hundreds of very old photographs. I got the Photo Scan App and started using it right away.

I am an idiot and cannot find the scanned photos anywhere!!!!

I now see that I could and should have gone through Google Photos to Utilities, etc., etc. I did not. I scanned, liked, scanned some more.

Is anyone able to advise? I am so discouraged, as my elderly mom *watched* me scan so many photos that I now cannot locate online.
    Do you have the Google Photos App on your phone? That's where they go for me, just like a regular photo. They are also in the Photos app (on iPhone).

They wouldn't be online until Google Photos synced up (which your phone might only allow on wifi, etc.) Same with iCloud, it'll sync up there from the apple Photo app.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I frequently get confused by my Google doc folders because I have my kid’s Google account I sometimes sign into vs my account. Then I panic because I can’t find what I’m looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Do you have the Google Photos App on your phone? That's where they go for me, just like a regular photo. They are also in the Photos app (on iPhone).

They wouldn't be online until Google Photos synced up (which your phone might only allow on wifi, etc.) Same with iCloud, it'll sync up there from the apple Photo app.
    Unfortunately, I got the Google Photos App AFTER having uploaded hundreds of photos (I say uploaded; scanned and viewed on my iPhone, SURE that they would be saved).

Ugh. I have spent so much time trying to "find" the photos; maybe I should just start over. My mom is watching me fret over these old photos of hers. I could just stay up all night and get them done while she sleeps!

While I'm here, any other apps that you would suggest??

Thanks, all. I'm a mess.
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma2004 View Post
    Unfortunately, I got the Google Photos App AFTER having uploaded hundreds of photos (I say uploaded; scanned and viewed on my iPhone, SURE that they would be saved).

Ugh. I have spent so much time trying to "find" the photos; maybe I should just start over. My mom is watching me fret over these old photos of hers. I could just stay up all night and get them done while she sleeps!

While I'm here, any other apps that you would suggest??

Thanks, all. I'm a mess.
    When you take one now, hit the little thumbnail of it in circle in the lower right. Then hit the back arrow in the upper left. Do you see them there?

They aren't in your regular phone's Photo app? In addition to Google Photos app, mine go to the regular iPhone Photo app..... In Photos its in the Recents album as well as a PhotoScan album. I didn't make these albums, the app must do it. If I go to the Library area, they are there by date with the rest of my photos and screen shots.

In Google Photo, they don't appear to be in any album, just in the Photo area by date. If I click search, they are under "recently added".

When you take a screen shot, where does that go?

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    When you take one now, hit the little thumbnail of it in circle in the lower right. Then hit the back arrow in the upper left. Do you see them there?

They aren't in your regular phone's Photo app? In addition to Google Photos app, mine go to the regular iPhone Photo app..... In Photos its in the Recents album as well as a PhotoScan album. I didn't make these albums, the app must do it. If I go to the Library area, they are there by date with the rest of my photos and screen shots.

In Google Photo, they don't appear to be in any album, just in the Photo area by date. If I click search, they are under "recently added".

When you take a screen shot, where does that go?
    So, for starters, the app keeps freezing (I have an iPhone 11, so that should not be the issue). Not sure what might be the problem. I restarted my phone, went in through the Google Photos App, took one photo "of a photo", and was able to see that WHEW, my photos are there. Now I am just trying to get everything to sync.

Thanks for sticking with me, everyone. We lost my dad 18 months ago, and my mom is a very fragile 79-year-old with countless health issues. Making her happy by scanning all of these photos is one thing I *can* do.

I still welcome any tips - this is not my forte!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so glad you found them! I totally understand.. photos were a comfort after we lost my dad (they still are!). HUGS