Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Your Favorite Bath Robe??

My daughter would like a bath robe to take to college with her.

Do you have any recommendations?
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

the one from BJs I got dd2 is very very soft and reasonably priced. Seems to be going through the wash w/o problem.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    the one from BJs I got dd2 is very very soft and reasonably priced. Seems to be going through the wash w/o problem.
    I got my DD1 a robe from BJ's last year that she likes. I have one from Kohls, their store brand (Sonoma I think). Very cozy and warm, lots of fun patterns, and not too pricey.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just bought DS1 a Land's End one to take to college and I got myself a Land's End one to use when I get out of my jacuzzi. I love mine but looks like they're all sold out right now in most sizes and colors (probably because of the holidays). I'm sure they'll be back in stock if you aren't in a hurry. With a coupon code I only paid $34.

https://www.landsend.com/products/wo...71,43404,44959

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

If you want to splurge, the Barefoot Dreams ones are heavenly. Like a cozy hug.

I love my Restoration Hardware plush bathrobe. I found it at one of their outlet stores for half off but usually it's a splurge.

https://rh.com/catalog/product/produ...115&sale=false

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I just bought DS1 a Land's End one to take to college and I got myself a Land's End one to use when I get out of my jacuzzi. I love mine but looks like they're all sold out right now in most sizes and colors (probably because of the holidays). I'm sure they'll be back in stock if you aren't in a hurry. With a coupon code I only paid $34.

https://www.landsend.com/products/wo...71,43404,44959

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    I recently got the same LE terry robe since I wanted something in between my fleece robe and summer-y Pima cotton one (also both LE). I like it a lot, but was surprised by how heavy it is — not too warm, just heavy to pick up. Once in, it’s very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd recommend a robe that is knee length. College bathrooms are scuzzy and usually standing water every where. I'd hate for a plushy warm robe to be dragging through water and crud either walking through the bathroom or while hanging on a shower hook.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It kind of depends! Are you talking about a traditional thick, plush, absorbent bath robe? Or something less heavy? That makes a big difference. Personally, I've given away all my heavy terry cotton or plush robes because they're just too heavy, bulky, or made of polyester with is both 1) not absorbent and 2) STATIC.

I have a knee-length Gap silk robe (it's a substantial silk fabric, not thin but also not heavy) from years ago that is PERFECT but it is falling apart so I have been trying to find a replacement that doesn't cost $400.

I bought myself a Lake pima cotton robe and the fabric is really lovely, but there are some things about the design that I wish were different. I keep looking at Lands End but they just don't make that Pima robe in a short length.

I almost bought myself a men's flannel robe from LL Bean (because for some reason they don't make a short version for women - come on, people! Women want that shorter length because we are ACTIVE AND BUSY TOO). But then I found a Peanuts robe on Vermont Country Store with a print that I loved so I'm waiting on that one to arrive. I still might have to shorten the length.

Nothing can replace my Gap silk robe though. I'm so sad.

So anyway, find out if she wants something cozy/plush or something more lightweight, and if she wants a long robe or a short robe, and if she wants full sleeves or 3/4 sleeves or kimono sleeves (I prefer full sleeves, NOT kimono because that makes it hard to work over the stove or kitchen sink). Also, pockets. So many women's robes don't come with pockets that can accommodate a phone. The Lake robe I mentioned above has side pockets that fit TINY DAINTY HANDS, I wouldn't even feel safe putting keys in the pockets. It's SO annoying. I like patch pockets, as they are more secure.

Wow, you can tell I've thought about robes a lot.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think what college girls like may also differ from what older women like. My DD has a few robes, some are th fuzzy type about knee length and she has a thin silky one she prefers as it's hot in the bathroom when she is getting ready. Pockets are a must though. Also check Romwe, DD just bought herself a cute pair of pj's for 5.00 and a robe recently for 7.00. That site has really cute stuff!

One of my favorite gifts from my kids is a robe I'm wearing right now, a thin super soft fleecy type knee length robe they bought at 5 Below, yup! I guess they saw my old robe and got me this one and I love it. It's washed well and when I was at a store the other day, I'd say this is the "dupe" to some of the $$$ robes out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast